What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle vs ibooks for textbooks

calam10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wanting to download textbooks and trying to determine which would be better: Ibooks or kindle. When I go to search for ebook version of the textbooks it is usually kindle. I want to be able to search the content, highlight words, and make notes if necessary. What would be the best approach?

Some people say you can buy the kindle version and move it to ibooks. is this possible?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll just have to look in each store and see if what you want is there. You can not transfer the books between apps, whatever other's have said. Besides the DRM (digital rights management) the to file types are not compatible.

Both the Kindle app and iBooks app offer tools for searching, highlighting, and notes.

Both apps are free. I recommend you get both and try them out. There are several free textbooks (and plain old books) in the iBooks Store. I'm sure there are at least a few in the Kindle store too. Grab a couple for each app and see which you like better.

Most reactions

Latest posts