What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle on ipad

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a kindle 3 and I have the app for The Kindle, but when I put my email address.and password
In it.says that it Invalid. I know that they are right. Do I need to register a new account for the iPad.
Also it keeps saying kindle and not iPad.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Reaction score
Usually the process is straightforward, open the Kindle app, log in with your amazon user account. It will ask you to register a new device, select yes and you should be all set.

Since the above doesn't seem to work in your case, there are a few things you can try:
-restarting the iPad, by keeping the power button pressed, until it shows Slide to power off
-ensure that the first password letter is not a capital letter. Some users have reported, that their passwords autocapitalize, if they don't change it manually

As said before, it shouldn't be more then logging in with your account.

Reaction score
This may sound obvious but is the Ipad trying to put the wrong case on your password? Is it maybe capitalizing something?

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your help,I finally got it to work. I went to the Amazon home page and signed on and then went
to the kindle app and was able to sign on there. LOL nothing can be easy.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the Kindle app. I use it in my iPad 2 & my DroidX phone.

Obviously neither is as good as using my two Real Kindles, but they do fill in well when I don't have a Kindle with me.

~John

Reaction score

Obviously neither is as good as using my two Real Kindles, but they do fill in well when I don't have a Kindle with me.

~John

The reason I got an iPad initially was I did NOT like my Kindle3 so I got the iPad for the Kindle app.
I used the Kindle app on my Incredible, like it a lot but wanted to try a bigger screen. I found the Kindle black to be not black enough and the faded page white was hard on my eyes and the lack of backlight was the deal breaker. I went and got a cover with built in light but I read often while someone else is driving at night or while my wife is asleep and the LED light was too intense all around and not very good, IMO, at using the Kindle at night in the dark. I use the iPad at home for reading and my phone when my wife or kids are driving at night.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:

~John

I also use the same two devices. Kinda funny.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You shouldnt have a problem. It is straight forward. I would contact amazon. The cool part about the app is that you can use it on any device and it syncs your position.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
the lack of backlight was the deal breaker. I iPad

Everybody is different. To me, the lack of a backlight is the best feature of the kindle.

I absolutely hate reading on a backlit screen & find the iPad a poor substitute for the real kindle.

~John

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife uses a kindle. I think it is cool but sucks that you need the light on to see it.

scottcocoabeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my Kindle at the beach and my iPad the rest of the time. Don't care if anything happens to the Kindle they are cheap. Reads great outdoors.

Most reactions

Latest posts