What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle app, increasing font size problems

lotuspete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read how to change the font size and margins however even when I tap on the screen I do not have the "Aa" icon in the tool bar at the top, (only a brightness control, the notebook & flashcard icons). My iPad is an iPad 2, I have the latest iOS update and my Kindle app is fully updated.

Can anyone help? I really need to increase the font size without zooming which causes to have to scroll right and left to see all the page...

Thanks,
lotuspete

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not all ebook types have all the controls. The standard Amazon ebook should look something like the screenshot below. This is the Welcome To Kindle ebook that comes standard with the Kindle app; so naturally it's compatible.

If you are reading a PDF then you won't have tools to control the font size, margines, etc.; because those are fixed on an PDF.

If you are reading one of Amazon's text book formts, then you 'might' not be able to control all settings. Sometmies text books require fixed formatting. Amazon may have given publishers the tools to force that formatting. This is true in Apple's iBooks Author app. Whether it is true for Amazon's format, I simply don't know. I don't have eamples to look at.

There are other formats that I don't have examples to play with. I do have a magazine, and it has all the formating controls, but not in exactly the same place/layout.

My recomendation is to open the Welcome to Kindle book (if you have it) and see if the controls show up there.

Good luck.

image.png

OP
L

lotuspete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet,
Thanks, Apparently the book I am currently reading does not allow the font size adjustment feature. I went to "Welcome to Kindle" book as you suggested and the feature was there...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I downloaded the sample, and yes, it's in Amazon's text book format. Thank you for telling me. I like to know when I'm right (hurray) or completely wrong (and learn something). :)

Also, I found this in the description, which thanks to you I will now know to keep an eye out for.

image.png

Most reactions

Latest posts