What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keynote for IPAD

hhuss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has used Keynote for IPAD? If so, how was your experience using this?

Is it easy to use?

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Keynote and I find it very easy to use - I have created presentations from scratch with it and edited others imported from the desktop version of Keynote and from powerpoint. It does not have all the high end capabilities of the desktop versions, but it is adequate for simple good-looking presentations.

I am looking forward to iCloud for even better integration.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd have to agree w/ tdmsu - I'm a recently retired radiology professor and have been using continuing versions of PowerPoint since the 1990s (can't remember which one I started with intitally?).

New to the iPad2 but bought into the iWork Suite - I've done a few 'new' presentations in Keynote and brought in some of my PP lectures - seemed to come in fine w/ some formatting/font issues which are well known.

As already stated, these iPad Office 'equivalents' do not have the power of desktop applications, whether MS or Mac, but are quite impressive on this device. Finally, the link given by Tim is to an excellent review which may further convince you?

If you still have reservations, let us know what your purposes for the program will be - may be able to assure you that Keynote will be fine for your needs - good luck in your selection! :)

ktg828

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just completed my first presentation using Keynote on my IPad (it was easy and looks good). However, I cannot find a way to lock it so I can let others view it without being able to change it. How does this work on an IPad?

Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just completed my first presentation using Keynote on my IPad (it was easy and looks good). However, I cannot find a way to lock it so I can let others view it without being able to change it. How does this work on an IPad?

Hi KTG828 - welcome to the forum! :)

Keynote on the iPad is much more limited than the program on a computer, as would be expected. I'm not sure that 'password' or 'lock' options are available for your presentations on the iPad version, but I will be glad to be corrected! :D

You might want to better explain your needs, e.g. do you want others to view your presentation on your iPad w/i the Keynote program or is there on option to let a viewer see the presentation in another format?

If the second question above is a possibility, then look at the 'Share' options - one scenario would be to simply email your presentation which can be done as Keynote, PDF, or PowerPoint files? Of course, you can always 'save' your original presentation off the iPad (on a computer, in the Cloud, etc.).

Not sure I can help much more than above unless your specific needs are clearer - good luck! :thumbs:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com

Thanks.
I think that is not possible. Keynote was developed to make and show presentations, not to share them for "public" viewing, I guess...

Most reactions

Latest posts