What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard input charters were replaced

pkl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 for about 2 months. I love it.
Just recently, I run into this problem.

When I type "strathMore" on the keyboard, it displays correctly on the screen, but if I type in a lower case "m" in "strath ore" on the keyboard, the display replaces the "m" with a blank as it is happening now.

Another case is when I type "Lih" at the beginning of a line in email, it displays "Lin", it replaces "h" with "n". But if I start typing at other positions of the line, it may or may not happen. I have not figured out the pattern yet.

Anyone else also running to a similar problem?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try changing 'Settings', 'General', 'Keyboard', 'Auto-correction' -> 'Off' to see if that fixes the problem.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how can i change my keyboard to lower case

On the on-screen keyboard there is a 'shift' key on either side. It normally auto-detects the first letter of the first word of a new sentence and makes it upper case. But, if you want it to be lower case, you can simply hit the shift key to cancel the upper case (the shift key 'latches' unlike the shift key on a conventional keyboard)

Tim

OP
P

pkl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 for about 2 months. I love it.
Just recently, I run into this problem.

When I type "strathMore" on the keyboard, it displays correctly on the screen, but if I type in a lower case "m" in "strath ore" on the keyboard, the display replaces the "m" with a blank as it is happening now.

Another case is when I type "Lih" at the beginning of a line in email, it displays "Lin", it replaces "h" with "n". But if I start typing at other positions of the line, it may or may not happen. I have not figured out the pattern yet.

Anyone else also running to a similar problem?
Tim,

Thanks, turning off "auto-correction" does solve my problem.

However, I noticed that turning off "auto-correction" also turns off "check spelling", so I think I will turn off auto-correction only when I notice a problem.

pkl

Most reactions

Latest posts