What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard and Mouse charge levels.

WattleGum53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently starting using my IPad Air 4 (iPadOS15.1) as my desktop replacement (my wife has just inherited my 2011 16GB/1TBSSD Mac Mini since her old MAcBook Air died). I have a new apple keyboard and mouse plugged into a 21 inch (brilliant) HP monitor.

On my Mac I can easily see how much charge the keyboard and mouse have left in them, but for the life of me I can’t seem to find out how to check this on my iPad.

Can someone enlighten me? Thanks 😊
47E1F5BC-C72A-4B18-9047-68E1B4F64277.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I'm not at home to check this with my Magic Mouse and/or BT Magic Keyboard - but below is 'Today's View' on my iPad Pro showing the widgets - the 'battery widget' can be added by edit and using the plus sign that will appear at the top. On my 'Today's View' I have 2 devices showing, an iDevice and a headphone icon (which is actually a BT external speaker playing music from my iPad) - the green circles indicate the charge which is now 100% - check your 'Today's View' and add the battery widget if not already there to see if your mouse/KB show up; again the completeness of the green circle reflects current charge. Let us know if this helps. Dave

IMG_3033.PNG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again WattleGum.. - just returned home from an overnight trip - connected my old BT Magic KB (uses 2 AA batteries) and as I expected did not show up in Today's View (wife has the newer rechargeable one on her iMac); BUT, I had a spare Magic Mouse w/ rechargeable batteries, connected to my iPad and looked at the battery widget (see below) - both my iPad and the Mouse appear (have the latter charging thus the lightning bolt); so I suspect that those BT devices w/ rechargeable batteries will show up in the widget - again, please post back - may help others. Dave :)
IMG_3035.PNG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Boy, nothing more irritating than trying to help a 'noobie' by spending time testing and posting pictures to be ignored for nearly a week - just venting, as usual - Dave :(

OP
W

WattleGum53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
Honestly, I replied twice but I can't see my posts now :-( That was weird.
You suggestions helped me out big time and I am very appreciative.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
Honestly, I replied twice but I can't see my posts now :-( That was weird.
You suggestions helped me out big time and I am very appreciative.

Hi WattleGum.. - well, just curious if my suggestions had helped - thanks for responding - may help others w/ the same question(s) - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts