What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@ key doesn't work?

tomekam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings! Trying to enter my email address as a login id on a safari website that requires the @ symbol. But typing that symbol returns a "2" instead. Is the key stuck or do I need to try a different keyboard under "Settings>General>Keyboard"? Thanks in advance.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Greetings! Trying to enter my email address as a login id on a safari website that requires the @ symbol. But typing that symbol returns a "2" instead. Is the key stuck or do I need to try a different keyboard under "Settings>General>Keyboard"? Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, do you really have the original iPad (released in 2010)? Second, what iOS is installed. Are you referring to the 'on-screen' keyboard (KB) or an external bluetooth KB? Is the '@' symbol to only key that does not work correctly, especially w/ the SHIFT function? Has there been any physical damage (such as a drop) or liquid spills on the device?

For starters, have you 'Reset' the iPad? If not, then hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take 10 sec or more), release and let the device reboot - please post back the answers to the above questions and whether the reset help. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts