What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep Losing WiFi

Sexybum13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm still new at the iPad thing. But my iPad keeps losing wifi connection. I have to turn off wifi in settings and then turn it back on. This is really frustrating especially when doing stuff like THIS. I have had to type this twice. Just wondered if anyone could help me out with this problem. THANKS.

johnhyunyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would make sure its not a problem with the wifi source itself first. If it isnt, I would try backing up and restoring the iPad to factory settings. If THAT doesnt work, I would make an appointment at the apple genius bar and have it looked at and possibly replaced.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm still new at the iPad thing. But my iPad keeps losing wifi connection. I have to turn off wifi in settings and then turn it back on. This is really frustrating especially when doing stuff like THIS. I have had to type this twice. Just wondered if anyone could help me out with this problem. THANKS.
Although you should make sure your network is functioning properly, you shouldn't have to restore your iPad.

The most recommended "fix" for this issue is to go into your WiFi settings, tap on the network you're using (small arrow inside the little blue circle next to the network name) and tap "Forget this Network". Restart your iPad by holding down the power switch (outside edge) until the red power off slider appears, shut it down and then hold down the power switch again until the Apple logo appears. Once booted up go back into the WiFi settings and set up the network again.

More here:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my iPad 2 and my iPhone. Turned out to be my router in my case. Apple Airport Extreme. Apple replaced it and have not had the problem since. I would check everything related to your home network to include the router, modem and any switches (if you have any).

Most reactions

Latest posts