What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep losing wifi connection

Dpeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every ten minutes or so our iPad drops wifi requiring user to reenter password. No problems with any other device.

Any thoughts?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Known bug - supposedly a patch is on the way. This is hazy, so you might want to do a search, but the recommended fixes are to disable "autosensing" in brightness and use WAP security rather than WEP.

CoMoMacUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After the first week, I signed up for AT&T's $29.99 unlimited plan because Wi-Fi was so slow and limited in range. My iPad has about half the range of my Gateway Vista laptop.

OP
D

Dpeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Will try the suggestions and knock on wood for the update to fix it.

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get a pop asking for my password but I do get a pop up saying Network lost and asks me to dismiss or check the settings. Not very often though.

stormtracker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.statesvilleweather.net
I was having issues with this as well. I moved my wireless router to the other side of the room and it works much better now. The range on these things is not very good.

Most reactions