What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just received my mini

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad. Actually both my husband and I have them. I have been thinking about getting a newer model but I was waiting until the time was right. When the mini came out I thought that would be a great size for so many things (reading, surfing the web or playing games). well, my husband surprised me with one for my birthday which is this coming Saturday. I can't believe how crisp the screen colors are and it is so fast. Even though it is only the 16gb one and wifi I am hoping that I won't want to put too much stuff on it to slow it down. My other pad is a 64 gb and almost filled up with apps and movies. I could watch movies for days with that guy.

A question about the screen on the mini. I put a screen protector (Zagg) on it and I notice that it will not respond very easily to a stylus. Has anyone else noticed this????

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new mini. Peel off the screen protector and throw it away for many reasons, not the least of which is what you have already observed. Just use the Apple smart cover and be done with it. I have a 64 GB wifi/4G ipad3 similarly almost maxed out and took a different tack with the mini which I use primarily as a reader. It is a 32 GB wifi only. I have no need to keep more than a movie or two on the iPads, I deep-sixed all the music as I listen to that on the iPhone normally. All of a sudden I have lots of space.

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy Birthday and congrats on the mini! I got the 16 GB/white mini and love it. I don't use screen protectors on any devices and never had a scratch yet... the mini uses Gorrilla Glass 2 I believe. Very resilient stuff. I don't use a stylus on my mini but did on my original iPad and it worked great albeit without any screen protector...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on receiving your new iPad mini!:) our members will be only too glad to answer any questions you may have.

Most reactions

Latest posts