What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered my car mount...

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4 vehicles. I've been looking for a cheap option to use a mount in 3 of em.. Girly won't let me buy 3 more ipads lol

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vmatti,

What the model of your audi? I am also thinking about buying a ram mount for my audi q7 but my concern is the base mounted in my seat rail, did you had any issues? Can you place a picture of the base mounted in the seat rail??

Hugomartin,

I do have new A4 sedan and atleast to that one the installation went easily. The base to the seat rail suit perfectly and was straight forward installation - the original 9mm "star" bolt just needed to remove, put the base on the rail and bolt back. That's it.

P1020104.JPG

"couple" more photos can be found:

Picasa Web Albums - Vmatti - iPad RAM Mount

Hugomartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks pretty good, my rail is a bit different. As soon as I get to my house (business trip) I will take some pictures and show it to you.

Are you using the bluetooth adapter to transmit audio from ipad as well? My q7 came with the standard bluetooth for phone only, I had to buy a bluetooth adapter for audio as well.
I use pandora, wunder radio, last.fm and digitally imported in my iphone4 and i can hear it in the bose system thru bluetooth, not bad at all. You can hear every sound that the phone makes in the bose speakers.
Even do i have the navigation installed in my car, something I found myself using navigon in my iphone4. I think is easier to just look a name (restaurant, business, hotel, etc) in the iphone, click in the address and chose either google maps (iphone default map) or navigon for gps. With the adapter navigon sounds great! Now having the ipad somewhere around would be excellent!

Martin

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the bluetooth adapter to transmit audio from ipad as well? Martin

Not in the car but at home yes.
I bought that Belkin BT audio receiver and connected to my home strereo and now able to listen music wireless with iPad. The sound is not bad at all.

Interested to hear more details on your BT adapter which you are using in the car for iPad? Is it Audi's own or some aftermarket product?

Last edited:

Hugomartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have the belkin adapter in my room connected to the lifestyle 28 but for some reason if I move too much my iPad or any idevice connected to the belkin, the audio will start getting cut until my idevice is still. Do you have that problem? So for the car I decided to purchase audi Bluetooth adapter which cost $199.00 in the dealer but got it off bay for $100.00. I think the sound is much better than the belkin adapter and I can move my idevice anyway I want to and my audio stream has no issues.

I am looking to buy the new apple tv to replace the belking adapter at home, it should be pretty sweet, audio and video stream from any idevice to tv or stereo!

Osros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Proclip User

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Proclip mount. I had it for about two weeks now on my 2008 Jeep Wrangler and I'm loving it, it works for me. The install is all snap in no holes to drill which was what sold me. I knew I was going to mount and remove the iPad a lot and I did not like the idea of having to deal with removing the case and putting it on every time possibly risking scratches or other damage.

The first thing I tried was mounting it with the Apple case on and it worked! There's only a slight strain on the top clip but not bad at all. The clip holds on to the case well, not made to be used that way but the iPad is secure and will not come off the mount even on a bumpy, rougher ride of a Jeep.

That's my .02 cents I'm very happy with the product so far. If your always going to take your iPad with you and have no need to leave it lock mounted in the car the Proclip is a good option.

Last edited:

Osros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4 vehicles. I've been looking for a cheap option to use a mount in 3 of em.. Girly won't let me buy 3 more ipads lol

Check out Proclip they have an removable mount option, so you can have the snap on brackets in all the vehicles and just move the iPad mount only from vehicle to vehicle that just slips and snaps on the bracket.

Scaglietti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I'm new on the forum seen all your iPads in your cars they all look great.. But I'm looking for the best brackets that will go on the head rests for the kids to watch their videos any suggestions...thanks in advance

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Proclip mount. I had it for about two weeks now on my 2008 Jeep Wrangler and I'm loving it, it works for me. The install is all snap in no holes to drill which was what sold me. I knew I was going to mount and remove the iPad a lot and I did not like the idea of having to deal with removing the case and putting it on every time possibly risking scratches or other damage.

The first thing I tried was mounting it with the Apple case on and it worked! There's only a slight strain on the top clip but not bad at all. The clip holds on to the case well, not made to be used that way but the iPad is secure and will not come off the mount even on a bumpy, rougher ride of a Jeep.

That's my .02 cents I'm very happy with the product so far. If your always going to take your iPad with you and have no need to leave it lock mounted in the car the Proclip is a good option.

I'm considering ordering this one from pro-clip, but I was concerned with how it holds up over bumps. Your feedback was helpful. Thanks for sharing.

I'll post up how my experience goes when I get mine. I'm putting it in a 2002 Mazda Protege.

ajneuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Junior said:
I'm considering ordering this one from pro-clip, but I was concerned with how it holds up over bumps. Your feedback was helpful. Thanks for sharing.

I'll post up how my experience goes when I get mine. I'm putting it in a 2002 Mazda Protege.

Ooh! Please post pics and reviews! I have a 2002 protege as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts