What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered my car mount...

Snagtooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered in the beginning of this week RAM mount kit for my Audi.
It's not in the stock so let's see how long it takes. Hopefully it comes shortly.

Any experiences from anyone about RAM iPad products?

I have the Ram gooseneck that's used in the kit, but will be using it with my Modulr case so I do not need to drill holes. I'll post pictures when it's all done, but my initial impressions of the Ram part are positive. Seems solid and rigid enough for my intended setup.

Jett Deion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are license plate holder kits that you can sometimes find at auto parts stores that have adhesive backings so that there is no drilling. Or if you really want it easy, and this depends on what state you are in, they may allow you to display it inside the front of your windshield, but that depends on the state you are in.

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI
Our new web page is up padholdr.com
We now offer
Padholdr in three different color's
a keyboard mount
a universal kit
and a headrest kit

Let me know anyones thoughts! I appreciate all of our supporters out there, that's what keeps me going with new products.

Jim

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not in the stock so let's see how long it takes. Hopefully it comes shortly.

I ordered my ram mount in June, and I'm still waiting! They postponed it three times already.

They answered to my query that they will start deliveries around 18th Aug.
Hopefully they will keep promises now.

Noup, they didn't. New estimation by end of this month/beginning of the Sep.:mad:

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI
Our new web page is up padholdr.com
We now offer
Padholdr in three different color's
a keyboard mount
a universal kit
and a headrest kit

Let me know anyones thoughts! I appreciate all of our supporters out there, that's what keeps me going with new products.

Jim

Looks interesting.
How this works in portrait position?

Last edited:

Gypsyquilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Motorhome mount

I'm not going to find a vehicle specific mount for my 40' Holiday Rambler :) and it does not have car style air vents. Has anyone tried the suction cup holders? Are they secure?

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have solutions for you. Call me or email me @ Padholdr.com

Thanks
Jim

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Padholdr is only designed to work in landscape position. There hasn't been enough people that have wanted their ipad in the portrait position in their vehicle so we haven't bothered with another design. Our holders are the only on the market that you can use a cover on your ipad and still have a holder in the car however.

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got an email from Ram yesterday. My locking Ram-Mount iPad mount is on it's way. I ordered it on June 30.

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got an email from Ram yesterday. My locking Ram-Mount iPad mount is on it's way. I ordered it on June 30.

Okei, sounds promising. Thanks for the sharing status.

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine will be here on Tuesday 9/7. I will post some pictures that day.

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sad thing is, mine is sitting on a FedEx truck, ready to be delivered, but I have to wait three more days. I wish I could just go pick it up!

freekyFX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I ordered the Ram Mounts RAM-B-138-AP8LU, which is the locking surface mount for the iPad. I also ordered the RAP-339U, which is the 2 1/2" triple magnetic base. I picked up two 3" diameter magnets from Harbor Freight and mounted them under my cup holders in my truck, which is a 2008 Ford F250. Hopefully, the magnetic base will hold firmly in either cup holder. I will report back with pictures on Tuesday.

Most reactions

Latest posts