What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Joined

jim48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just Joined, IOS 5 Help Please

Just joined the forum this evening, hope this is the right place to ask a question. We have an ATT 32g WiFi/3G Ipad 2. Is the latest version of ios 5 pretty much fixed now and OK to put on our Ipad2? This device has the following ios version 4.3.5 (8L1) now running on it. Sure would appreciate you guys' advice....

Jim

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jim, I'm sure that you will get many mixed reviews, but I have an iPad 2 with the most up to date version of iOS and it works perfectly.

The Archangel

Julsnlb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I learned that it seems to work on the new iPad and iPhone 4, but don't do the update on an iPad 3...mine hasn't been the same and crashes without notice and the battery drains to nothing in a matter of minutes :-(. $300 boat anchor.

My new devices work fine...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Julsnlb said:
I learned that it seems to work on the new iPad and iPhone 4, but don't do the update on an iPad 3...mine hasn't been the same and crashes without notice and the battery drains to nothing in a matter of minutes :-(. $300 boat anchor.

My new devices work fine...

iPad 3!

The Archangel

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suggest getting the update. I was hesitant at first too but once they released 5.0.1 I jumped on and have been happy ever since. Go for it.

Most reactions