What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Installed Whistle & Fring VOIP Phone - Funny Bug

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for a free Voip application in order to test my SIP Server.
So I installed Fring and Whistle.
Both Programs allow you to selected a Private SIP.
So I put in the proper server Public IP address and the USER/Password.

The funny thing with Whistle, that it looks for numbers in the USA Numbring plan. So If I dila 9+XXX-YYYY it will reject it.
If I dial 9-03-XXX-YYYY it will consider it as if I intended to dial area cod 903 and reject it.
But if I dial 4 digit number ( Our Internal Phone system at work) it works OK.
Couldn't find a place or setup to tell it to forget thr USA Numbering plan.

But anyway - It works great (free) on our PBAX.

Fring works fine also for out dialing like dialing 9-xxx-yyyy.

So who said the iPAD is not a phone ????? ;);)

Speedster00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured there was a way to do it I just havent figured it out yet. Im a network architect for a large cisco partner and a coworker of mine turned his IPOD touch into a phone using our wifi network. I figure if it works on a touch, it should work on an IPAD.

bevanwillson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As VoIP is a term used in IP telephony for a set of facilities for managing the delivery of voice information using the Internet Protocol. There are many applications as just Installed Whistle & Fring VOIP Phone. I also look for such thing and found so interesting. All these facilities are also provide by many online companies.

Most reactions

Latest posts