What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just gave my HP Desktop PC away !!!

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YES, I gave it to another employee here at work, and told my company owner, "All I need is the iPAD".

I am a network administrator for a Dell windows based shop.
I can use iTAP RDP to connect to any of the servers, including Terminal Server. I can use it to connect to any of the VMWare servers.

Why do I need a PC? answer is I do not.

If I need to make a Word doc, or Excel spreadsheet, I can use the Terminal Server. I will of course welcom the addition of a bluetooth mouse that works over the RDP sessions.

SO long to clutter on my desk, and when I am home or on call, I only carry the iPAD, not a BIG A$$ laptop...

Jumping for joy.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Suspect if you were heavily into office software you wouldn't have done that though :)

Bought a mac mini just to serve videos for the iPads. Small and silent I just leave it on full time. The quadcore is gathering dust, though at a much slower rate with the fans being silenced. Even sounds like a vacuum cleaner under load.........

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RDP is great, but I would go nuts trying to use that as a replacement for a desktop/laptop. No mouse and a soft keyboard are ok for small jobs or emergencies, but not a complete replacement. It all depends on you own needs. A lot of people dont spend a lot of time composing or modifying more complex office docs, so the iPad is great for the light stuff.

I still need the office desktop for Oracle tools, PL\SQL Developer, and working with data files on the network, but at home, the desktop is just for games and occasional Office docs - I go days with out using it. Its always on though for streaming music and videos to the iPad.

Most reactions