What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining Apple iPad forum?

terrypin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new iPad user and first post here.

Now that I've discovered this forum I'll be posting a few detailed queries. But meanwhile can anyone please solve the puzzle of why I'm unable to join Apple's iPad discussion forum? (I tried to insert a link to it here, but got the message that I haven't posted the minimum of 3 posts in order to qualify for that priviliege!)

I signed in with my Apple ID and p/w but I am unable to create the user account that is needed. Every time I click Accept after fully entering the form, I'm returned with no message to the same form (but, oddly, with the Operating System box now reverted to 'Choose'). Dead end.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), this forum is in no way, shape or form connected to Apple so your best bet would be to contact them directly about your logon issue.

OP
terrypin

terrypin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response. My first move was to locate the Contact Us link, fill that in and send my query. But the automatic acknowledgement said that they don't actually reply! That's what I meant by 'dead end'.

I'm hoping others here might also have tried (after all, for an iPad rookie, it's probably the most obvious starting point) and somehow overcome that obstacle. :)

--

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new iPad user and first post here.

Now that I've discovered this forum I'll be posting a few detailed queries. But meanwhile can anyone please solve the puzzle of why I'm unable to join Apple's iPad discussion forum? (I tried to insert a link to it here, but got the message that I haven't posted the minimum of 3 posts in order to qualify for that priviliege!)

I signed in with my Apple ID and p/w but I am unable to create the user account that is needed. Every time I click Accept after fully entering the form, I'm returned with no message to the same form (but, oddly, with the Operating System box now reverted to 'Choose'). Dead end.

--

When I tried to join the Apple iPad forum, it kept rejecting my application but never said why. I tried changing my forum name and it worked. Must have been I was trying to use a name that was already taken.

Try joining with a different forum name.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually rejection by a forum is because a user name is taken or banned. Certain words, symbols may not be allowed for various reasons. An example is when I tried to used the exact title of a movie that I was converting with EyeTV. It would not allow the : symbol in the name.

OP
terrypin

terrypin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Seadog, but there was nothing special about my user name, which was the same one I use in dozens of forums (including this one).

--

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm I,m such a noob. Didn't know or forgot to check there was an iPad forum at Apple.
Is it worth joining?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a member, and I have gotten

Hmm I,m such a noob. Didn't know or forgot to check there was an iPad forum at Apple.
Is it worth joining?

Better and more specific information here. For example, if I had relied solely on Apples' forum regarding the OS update, I would not have been forewarned about things I needed to do to start the update. That forum encouraged everyone to update. This forum told me to first update iTunes, do a sync/backup with a fully charged iPad, etc.

Whilst the Apple forum is the official source, I would proffer this forum to be the best source on "the rest of the story."

Most reactions

Latest posts