What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joined today....

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh ok. :). EIT= Engineer In Training
Its the first step to start logging developing hours to get a Professional License 4 yrs later. Once licensed you get a seal to design and have your own firm to offer services. Im in Texas and its the second time i take it :/ but i was very close the first time and ive put a lot of study time so i should be fine. How long u been in Civil Engineering? Any cool apps for the ipad that u found? I bought Bluebeam Pdf Revu and it really helps in marking up drawings.

Good Luck with your exams, Ovedi. I went through much the same when I studied to become a Chartered Surveyor.

There is a great thread under which a member wrote an excellent review of Office type apps with +'s and -'s for apps such as Numbers and Pages. I need to search out the thread.

I'm thinking back when I was a senior in college and iPads/smartphones weren't available at the time. I don't even think I had a phone either for that matter!

...come to think of it, I don't recall even having Internet back than. Wow...I am really dating myself here!! ;)

Snap, Skimonkey ;)

Public phone boxes with a black box with a A button to accept coins when you got through. And a B button to return your coins if you didn't abounded :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
O

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Richard! Looking forward to that article. I should have mentioned it was my second senior year. I did engineering as a second bachelors the first being in the arts. I recently saw the movie Super 8 for the first time. I enjoyed it soooo much and i realized it was so because its dated almost to my childhood. When i was a freshman in college for the first time in 1996 one of my professors mentioned, "i know it has a learning curve and none of u guys like it, but the best way to hear back from me real fast is through this new email thing." Years later i would carry a laptop to take notes in Music History and my colleagues would say " you are so inconsiderate in showing off your bright screen and all that noise when u type." It was a Sony Vaio and i was a great ninja typist, it was just awkward to use a laptop in class. I just didnt care. My love for TECH prevailed!! Lol! Oh and WiFi on campus would not get there for quite a whiles. :) so cool to have grown up in the 80's

:)

Ill keep searching for that article see if im lucky. Oh and the Surveyor test ive heard of. Very cool stuff!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Richard! Looking forward to that article. I should have mentioned it was my second senior year. I did engineering as a second bachelors the first being in the arts. I recently saw the movie Super 8 for the first time. I enjoyed it soooo much and i realized it was so because its dated almost to my childhood. When i was a freshman in college for the first time in 1996 one of my professors mentioned, "i know it has a learning curve and none of u guys like it, but the best way to hear back from me real fast is through this new email thing." Years later i would carry a laptop to take notes in Music History and my colleagues would say " you are so inconsiderate in showing off your bright screen and all that noise when u type." It was a Sony Vaio and i was a great ninja typist, it was just awkward to use a laptop in class. I just didnt care. My love for TECH prevailed!! Lol! Oh and WiFi on campus would not get there for quite a whiles. :) so cool to have grown up in the 80's

:)

Ill keep searching for that article see if im lucky. Oh and the Surveyor test ive heard of. Very cool stuff!

Those are great memories, Ovedi ;)

OK, the thread link is this.... http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-polls/36629-office-app-comparison.html

Take a peek at the OP's post.

HTH

Edit.. BTW, take a peek at the Family History thread. Twerppoet's and my discussion about scanning and Evernote may be of interest.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking back when I was a senior in college and iPads/smartphones weren't available at the time. I don't even think I had a phone either for that matter!

...come to think of it, I don't recall even having Internet back than. Wow...I am really dating myself here!! ;)

Oh I remember you now! We ran into each other with our penny-farthing bicycles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365243499.810287.jpg.
Credit: ookami_dou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Luck with your exams, Ovedi. I went through much the same when I studied to become a Chartered Surveyor.

There is a great thread under which a member wrote an excellent review of Office type apps with +'s and -'s for apps such as Numbers and Pages. I need to search out the thread.

Snap, Skimonkey ;)

Public phone boxes with a black box with a A button to accept coins when you got through. And a B button to return your coins if you didn't abounded :)

Funny--but there were two public phone booths right across my Stats class that I used all the time!! :) Hardly see any around now!

Oh I remember you now! We ran into each other with our penny-farthing bicycles.

View attachment 39119.
Credit: ookami_dou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL--that is too funny, OB!! I love it...all though I have now traded in my penny-farthing bike for a road bike! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts