What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JBed iPad2 (5.1.1): Where did AirPlay go?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The last time I used AirPlay I was on a JBed 4.3.3 (I think; could've been the 5.0.1 aswell), and I had the AirPlay button in appropriate apps. Now, however, this is nowhere to be found!

I've made sure I'm on the same settings, hardwarewise (ie all on the same network; I have an accesspoint installed aswell), but no button or icon for AirPlay is visible anywhere...

Has this something to do with the JB? Is AirPlay, somehow, "sacrified"? I just checked a stock version out and that unit sported the - on my device - lacking button...

So, woz up with this? Anybody in the know?

//Stefan ☕

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use Air Play, so I've never noticed... And, I've not heard of it disappearing or being sacrificed.

That said, can you give a list of the apps that are not showing the Air Play button? I have an iPad3 jail broken on iOS 5.1.1 - I can use your list (if I have owe apps) to see if I, too, am missing the button.

Marilyn

OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, Marilyn, my little "problem" regards every media app. I don't have AirPlay anywhere... Nevertheless. These are the apps I use that does not, anymore, sport an AirPlay icon: iPod and Photo album (stock apps), iTunes Radio, iCab Mobile...

The thing is that this has surfaced since updating to 5.1.1 (or maybe even to 5.0.1). It definitely worked running 4.3.3... Same apps, same network settings...

//Stefan ☕

Last edited:
OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okey, I've been delving into this a bit deeper. What else has happened since upgrading the iPad? Well, I've also switched both my ISP and the router, and according to other forums this might be where the "fault" lies. A certain brand of router obviously disables the AirPlay function in the receiver! This is supposed to have been rectified through updates, but one fixed bug can lead to others... I will continue down the receiver alley a while longer to see if I can find a sollution!

//Stefan ☕

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to add, no problems with AirPlay anywhere here on my JB 5.1.1 devices.... Playing music through my AppleTV2 via my iPad3 as we speak...

OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well... Let me stir some life into this thread... All of a sudden any AirPlaying from my unit tends to disconnect after a while. The iPad simply shuts the connection to the receiver down. I, then, have to press PLAY and re-select the receiver for AP, after which it works for a while again. I've tried a few apps and sites on the iPad, and they all act the same... When running iTunes from my PC Laptop, though, I had no interruptions whatsoever. This makes me conclude that something's amiss on the iPad... Could updating and re-JBing have anything to do with this? I cannot remember having any problems running 5.1.1 (not after solving the abovementioned, that is)...

//Stefan ☕

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would most likely be because that the wifi is turned off after a while on iOS devices to save battery. It's hardcoded into the iOS. For your PC, as long as your computer doesn't go on standby or sleep, it'll continue to connect. You might want to do a bit of research on a tweak like Insomnia in Cydia and such. It'll keep your wifi on even when your device is asleep

Last edited:
OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, willerz2! Installed Insomnia (and the SB-toggle). Will try it on later on and I'll be back if further problems arise! :)

//Stefan

Most reactions

Latest posts