What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad 2 os 5.0.1

Superbroker1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im no iPad genius or anything, but ive tried to plug it into my lap top in recovery mode ( where you hold down the button for 10 seconds till the cord and iTunes logo come on) and also tried to just go into settings a erase everything, but can't seem to shake this jailbreak. Need to download the new update 6.0 cause it's getting buggy. jailbreak is not for me too...too much stuff I don't need...please anyone help me, I've been watching YouTube vids and tried the tiny umbrella thing, but can't get that to work either...if I brought it to the apple store can they help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Superbroker1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to download tiny umbrella. So I hook iPad to laptop and download a windows Version or can I do that on iPad? I tried it and it seemed to want to go into 4 shared and when it was done downloading it went...blank?like there was nothing there. This sucks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiny Umbrella is a program that is downloaded to your computer; it is not put on the iPad. Once it's on your computer, you use it to save SHSH blobs so that you can, hopefully, jail break again in the future, should you wish to.

However, as it appears you have never run Tiny Umbrella, try skipping that step (#2) in the tutorial that tells you to run it. That step is there for those who have run Tiny Umbrella in the past and so have set certain parameters. If you've not run it, it's okay to skip that step. So, follow the tutorial without that step and see how you get on.

Marilyn.

OP
S

Superbroker1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. It worked! All I really needed to do was to put it into DFA mode

Most reactions

Latest posts