What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreakme 3.0 source code - port jail break to 4.3.1 qne 4.3.2?

nuknuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since comex has kindly released the source code for jailbreakme 3.0, how hard would it be to update it to work on ipad2 4.3.1 and 4.3.2?

From what I understand the PDF font exploit it uses is in IOS pre 4.3.4 so it should be exploitable? Then is it just a matter of updating some memory offsets, etc.? Or is there something magical about 4.3.3 that makes it more exploitable than 4.3.1 and 4.3.2, etc.?

Comex's github has changelogs going back to January - which is pre-4.3.3 release so it makes me think he did a bunch of the work for 4.3.1 originally and so maybe there's hope for making jailbreakme work for IOS pre 4.3.3 too...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, a talented programmer could make the exploit work with 4.3.1, 2 and 4.3 in theory if so inclined.

And 4.3 was the release OS for iPad2 Tim! So there have been 6 iOS 4.x versions for it so far... :D

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nuknuk said:
Since comex has kindly released the source code for jailbreakme 3.0, how hard would it be to update it to work on ipad2 4.3.1 and 4.3.2?

From what I understand the PDF font exploit it uses is in IOS pre 4.3.4 so it should be exploitable? Then is it just a matter of updating some memory offsets, etc.? Or is there something magical about 4.3.3 that makes it more exploitable than 4.3.1 and 4.3.2, etc.?

Comex's github has changelogs going back to January - which is pre-4.3.3 release so it makes me think he did a bunch of the work for 4.3.1 originally and so maybe there's hope for making jailbreakme work for IOS pre 4.3.3 too...

Really, what happened was that Comex was too exhausted to support other iOSs, and said that for now, one 4.3.x jailbreak is FINE, as all the others are just bug fixes. If you really want to JB on 4.3.3 and under, get an iPhone.

Most reactions