What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak tweaks that are worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and iPad jailbreaking in general (been jailbreaking my iPhones for a few years so not new to jailbreaking). I'm looking for advice on useful tweaks/apps to increase my iPad usefulness/speed. I jailbreak to increase function and not for looks mind you, so it's frustrating when looking for suggestions and all I repeatedly see is winterboard, dreamboard, barrel, graviboard, etc that I honestly could give 2 **** about. I'm not trying to show off my iPad, I enjoy using it. This is what i've got so fsr running on my iPad 2:
PDF patcher 2
Lang2ez
Daemon tool
Clean up
iFile
Sbsettings
Switchermod
Manualcorrect
Multitasking gestures
Weathericon
Faceforward
Safari download manager
Webscrollian
Easyfindonpage
Retinapad
WiFi booster

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

Kessner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We put a lot of effort into this thread

That should get you started :)

Thanks for the reply! I've looked over this list, but most of what is there is cosmetic changes I honestly have trouble seeing a use for. I'm looking for more tweaks that are specifically related to increased function, or changes to the current way things are done natively by apple. For example the list doesn't mention editting launchdaemons to increase respring and reboot speeds, removing carrier packages and langage packs for increase storage space, faceforward for using native Facebook app, Safari download manager (which is one of the best tweaks I can think of), or Even PDF patcher 2, which even though it's not a tweak, it's key for people who are new and just jailbreaking their iPad 2 to protect from hacking. The list, while containing some really good tweaks, seems to be aimed towards making your iPad look different.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kessner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot isslfix (PDF patcher 2 + isslfix are for the 2 security holes 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 fixed. So basically means after installing them those who are running 4.3.3 to keep their untether will have the security of the newest firmware)

OP
K

Kessner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps you should also look at this section for more tweaks

You say about safari download manager maybe you should also look at:
safari UPLOAD enabler
5 row keyboard
Multi-icon mover
Icon renamer

Thank you! These are the type of suggestions I was looking for.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks - Apple iPad Forum
safari UPLOAD enabler
5 row keyboard
Multi-icon mover
Icon renamer

Thanks for the reminder about upload manager OUTL4W. It has been added to the list. Awesome tweak.
I'd also point out that all the rest were already in the list :)

OP
K

Kessner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks - Apple iPad Forum
safari UPLOAD enabler
5 row keyboard
Multi-icon mover
Icon renamer

Thanks for the reminder about upload manager OUTL4W. It has been added to the list. Awesome tweak.
I'd also point out that all the rest were already in the list :)

I understand since i'm new you've denied to thank me for adding safari download manager, but you put both safari download manger and upload enabler under free tweaks when they are paid :)

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand since i'm new you've denied to thank me for adding safari download manager, but you put both safari download manger and upload enabler under free tweaks when they are paid :)

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, I am certainly not above making them. I was actively editing the thread over the last 15 minutes or so, adding in several items and removing others which are now irrelevant or out of date. The thread is now in good shape thanks to the points brought up by you in this thread. However, don't accuse a member of staff of denying you anything on the basis of your status. Drop the attitude. These are privately run and family friendly forums with rules which you have signed up to. I suggest you take the time to review them. They are linked in my sig.
Because you are new you get cut a little slack one time. It's an opportunity to move on and contribute positively to the community. You obviously have some knowledge so I look forward to what that contribution might be. Just make sure it stays within the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts