What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreak question

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken ipad2 (on Ios 5) that is using the Xcon app to run Bloomberg Anywhere. Over the weekend i upgraded in the ITunes store to the latest version of bloomberg anywhere and now that version does not work with Xcon. My ipad now says Bloomberg Anywhere has detected a jailbroken ipad and for security reasons will not allow the app to work (or something like that). Anyway, my friend still has the old version Bloomberg Anywhere on his jailbroken ipad2 that is working with Xcon. Is there a way for him to take that file or app and email it to me so I can put the older version on my ipad since it is no longer available in iTunes? Thanks for the help.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
No

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Have you not got the older version still in your own iTunes library? You could install the old one if you have

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it was automatically updated by iTunes, check your computer's Trash/recycle bin. That old app will still be in there (if you haven't emptied the trash). Restore it out of the Trash bin and then go to iTunes and delete the newer one.

Then, you'll have to delete the new one from your iPad, connect the iPad to iTunes and put the older version back on the iPad.

Little confusing, but there you go. Oh, and save that older version somewhere on your computer - for the next, inevitable update...

Marilyn

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is on my computer or not. How can i tell? Also iTunes did not update it. I did when I went into the upstore and update my app as there was a new version. I would have never updated it if I knew it would no longer work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is on my computer or not. How can i tell? Also iTunes did not update it. I did when I went into the upstore and update my app as there was a new version. I would have never updated it if I knew it would no longer work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Okay. If I understand you correctly, you updated the app via the App Store and your iPad, right? I'm going to assume the answer is yes in the following...

So, have you connected your iPad to iTunes since you updated that app? Or, have you synced with iTunes since you did the update?

There are two ways to go with this, depending on the answers to those two questions. I won't confuse the issue by talking about both. Going to wait until you answer those questions.

Oh, and what type of computer do you have, PC or Mac?

I think you have a shot at getting that old app back on your iPad. But, we'll have to see.

Marilyn

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes all i did was i went to the app store on my ipad and hit the update for the single app. I have not connected my ipad to my computer since I updated it. The last time I had it connected and synced was before i updated the app. I am running an iMac. Thanks so much

Most reactions

Latest posts