What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak and iOs 7.1

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been reading that iOs 7.1 is slated for release on 2nd Feb. There is a good chance that it will not be jail breakable.

Have 2 questions regarding this and would appreciate some clarifications

1) I have iPad3 with 6.1 Jailbroken. The SHSH Blobs are saved and I have downloaded the 7.04 ipsw. I also have the Evasion 7.04 downloaded.
Can I upgrade and jailbreak this AFTER 2nd Feb or do I need to do it before?

2) Plan to buy an iPad Air soon. It will be bought before Feb but I will not get it in my hands before the 2nd Feb. As long as it has 7.04 or earlier iOs loaded on it, can I still Jailbreak it? Even if I get the iPad in hand after the release of iOs7.1?
Is it recommended to download the iPad Air IPSW for 7.04?

Appreciate some help on this
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been reading that iOs 7.1 is slated for release on 2nd Feb. There is a good chance that it will not be jail breakable.

Have 2 questions regarding this and would appreciate some clarifications

1) I have iPad3 with 6.1 Jailbroken. The SHSH Blobs are saved and I have downloaded the 7.04 ipsw. I also have the Evasion 7.04 downloaded.
Can I upgrade and jailbreak this AFTER 2nd Feb or do I need to do it before?

2) Plan to buy an iPad Air soon. It will be bought before Feb but I will not get it in my hands before the 2nd Feb. As long as it has 7.04 or earlier iOs loaded on it, can I still Jailbreak it? Even if I get the iPad in hand after the release of iOs7.1?
Is it recommended to download the iPad Air IPSW for 7.04?

Appreciate some help on this
Thanks

In answer to your first question, if you want to upgrade your iPad to iOS 7.0.4, you have to do it before the release of iOS 7.1. Your iPad can only be upgraded to the latest iOS version.

In answer to your second question, as long as the iPad Air has iOS 7.0.4 on it when you receive it, you will be able to jailbreak.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
7.1 will not be jailbreakable with a simple Evasi0n7 update. Unless @Evad3rs are willing to burn an additional exploit that may potentially be patched in 7.1.1, or if the A7 chip has a bootrom exploit, there will more than likely not be a jailbreak until the next major iOS release.

Most reactions

Latest posts