What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak and 4.2GM

Pikat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried this already? Anyone willing to test it ;)

Cheers,
Pikat

OP
P

Pikat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update on this, while a jailbreak might work Cydia won't.

Just updated my iPhone and jailbroke it, Cydia still isn't 4.2 compliant. :p

Cheers.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for information, the latest redsn0w beta does not yet support the iPad on 4.2GM (although it works for all other devices - boooo).
The JB appears to work and the iPad performs a verbose JB boot, but gets stuck when trying to root the device, which means you have to soft-reset and it remains un-jailbroken when it boots again.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^
Yea. What he said :)
(I had to at least TRY)

CowboyAryk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
actually cydia is ready for this now, you can find the article if you search but i havent made enough posts to put up a link.
so whats the deal? can we jailbreak 4.2? i'm already on the new 4.2 gm they released around 4PM today. but i cant jailbreak this thing for the life of me. do i just need to be patient or is there someone who knows how to get this done? i'm running windows 7 x64

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, Cydia's supposedly ready and there's a way of jailbreaking 4.2 for iPhones and iPods by pointing it to the 4.1 firmware. But it does NOT work to try to JB the iPad this way. iPadders will just have to wait.

Most reactions

Latest posts