What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iworks apps not loading

tj44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been unable to get all IWork's apps to load since I had to restart my Ipad2 the other day when garage band locked up the device.

I have been through all the steps listed in the troubleshooting support page: 'support.apple.com/kb/TS1702'.

I am at step 6 reinstall the app, however after the icons wriggle and I tap 'x' it dims on the icon, locks up the device for few minutes and does not remove the app.

I have also set the 'restore switch' for each app (keynotes, numbers & pages) and synced with iTunes (back up is on the PC), but have not been able to load the apps or access my files.

I will appreciate it if someone has a solution to this problem. If I cannot get the apps to work, can someone advise me how I can check if I still have my data files?

Much appreciated

OP
T

tj44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tj44 said:
I have been unable to get all IWork's apps to load since I had to restart my Ipad2 the other day when garage band locked up the device.

I have been through all the steps listed in the troubleshooting support page: 'support.apple.com/kb/TS1702'.

I am at step 6 reinstall the app, however after the icons wriggle and I tap 'x' it dims on the icon, locks up the device for few minutes and does not remove the app.

I have also set the 'restore switch' for each app (keynotes, numbers & pages) and synced with iTunes (back up is on the PC), but have not been able to load the apps or access my files.

I will appreciate it if someone has a solution to this problem. If I cannot get the apps to work, can someone advise me how I can check if I still have my data files?

Much appreciated

Update:
I have the iworks apps running on an iPod touch. Fortunately, I was able to access my documents (via iCloud)where I could email them for printing etc.

I managed too delete the apps through iTunes and reinstalled them. However, when I attempt to access any files, they all lock up again. I suspect I have an issue with icloud so will concentrate looking there for a solution.

OP
T

tj44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved:

Narrowed down problem to iWork's apps not connecting to iCloud. With great assistance on phone from Andrew at apple support, the solution was to reset the iPad.
Trusting this post may assist others with a similar issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts