What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've heard 4.3.4 to be released in few days, make sure you JB now!

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redmond pie said a few days until apple will unveil 4.3.4 to fix jailbreakme 3.0 PDF exploit

Last edited by a moderator:

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah, if only jailbreakme could last till iOS 5

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Noobie question -- I understand that I just have to go to jailbreakme.com to get the process started, but what, if anything, is there to do in terms of prep work for jailbreaking the iPad2?

All the tutorials I have seen are for the old JBs, which seem to have been a little more elaborate than the current one, so I can't tell what steps (saving blobs, etc) are required for the old JBs, optional for the new one, just good housekeeping, etc.

Any words of advice?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I performed everything correctly (and I sure hope I did), I saved my blob locally on my PC using TinyUmbrella and then got going. The prep methods described might be old, but the modus is still the same. I hope...

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First you shold connect your iPad and perform a sync with iTunes so you have your stuff backed up. Then if your iPad is not on firmware 4.3.3 update your ipad. Download TinyUmbrella and save your SHSH blobs (see sticky in hacking section if you have questions). Once you have done all of this, visit www.jailbreakme.com and perform the jailbreak. Because of the way this jailbreak is set up it is one of the easiest jailbreaks to perform so there really isn't that much you need to do as far as preperation. I do suggest you update to 4.3.3 and save the blobs right away. Should Apple release the new 4.3.4 firmware (or what ever they decide to name it) and you have not this, you will have missed the window and will not be able to jailbreak. Apple may release the firmware update in one week or one hour, there is no way to know.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right. But, there really is no prep to do for this JB. The other stuff is just good practice.

You should save your 4.3.3 blobs now, but you don't have to in order to prepare. You can save them after if you like, but you must save them before Apple releases 4.3.4, because then it will be too late.

Also, there is no RUSH to jailbreak if you don't want to. Just DONT update to 4.3.4 if iTunes offers it to you. As long as you stay on 4.3.3 you can jailbreak any time you want. You don't HAVE to do it before 4.3.4 is out...

Hope that clarifies...

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All clear... Thanks.

I came across a thread yesterday that had a link to an article listing the "top five websites" for downloading apps after jailbreaking your device (or something like that). Cydia was on the list, of course, plus one or two sites where they had emulators, etc. Can't find that post anymore, though, even though I went through my entire browsing history from yesterday. :(

Does anyone by chance remember the post/thread I am talking about and can point me to it?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also backup before you jailbreak! Don't want to end up like this guy :(.

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All clear... Thanks.

I came across a thread yesterday that had a link to an article listing the "top five websites" for downloading apps after jailbreaking your device (or something like that). Cydia was on the list, of course, plus one or two sites where they had emulators, etc. Can't find that post anymore, though, even though I went through my entire browsing history from yesterday. :(

Does anyone by chance remember the post/thread I am talking about and can point me to it?

More than likely, that post was deleted by a moderator because it probably had a list of sites that included ways to pirate apps or had a list of repos containing pirated apps. We don't pirate here - so, when found, we automatically delete such references.

Marilyn

aragingbull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if u r already jb on 4.3 and blob is saved, and you need to restore for whatever reason, wouldn't you just download 4.3 or 4.3.3 restore file, then jailbreak it and still remain jailbroken even if 4.3.4 is released? just don't upgrade right?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
if u r already jb on 4.3 and blob is saved, and you need to restore for whatever reason, wouldn't you just download 4.3 or 4.3.3 restore file, then jailbreak it and still remain jailbroken even if 4.3.4 is released? just don't upgrade right?

That's fine for iPad1 and iPad2 WIFI only owners, but iPad2 3G / CDMA users cannot use their blobs yet, so they will be stuck and if they have to restore it will force them onto 4.3.4. We need a new workable bootloader exploit before iPad2 3G/CDMA users can use their blobs.

Beelzebub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens If we save our blobs on a different pc.. And want to move tthem over to another one..? Anyone know if that's possible?

aragingbull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's fine for iPad1 and iPad2 WIFI only owners, but iPad2 3G / CDMA users cannot use their blobs yet, so they will be stuck and if they have to restore it will force them onto 4.3.4. We need a new workable bootloader exploit before iPad2 3G/CDMA users can use their blobs.

k, i have the 64g 3g ipad2 on 4.3 if i don't upgrade and stay on 4.3 with comex's jb, then i should leave it as it is and wait till there is new exploit. so basically, only upgrade to 4.3.3 and rejailbreak it?

Most reactions