What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes update put safari on my Windows 7 computer. OK?

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this is an extremely stupid question. I am new to Itunes, Apple, Safari, ext. My 1st IPAD was just delievered, but I'm on my way out the door so I don't have time to play w/ it yet! I was checking email & a notice about updating Itunes came up. I ok'd it & ended up putting Safari on my Windows 7 desktop computer. Is this ok? Did I do something wrong or something that will mess up my IPAD when I go to set it up? I should have waited to update until I had time to read everything 1st! Thanks!

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never knew it did that I believe you will be fine cause you updated your iTunes not your iPad so your all good

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cannot see it would be a problem. In fact it is important to have iTunes up to date before setting up iPad. I also have Safari on my Windows 7 PC. Quite like it as a browser. Have fun with your iPad!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, should you decide you don't want Safari installed, you can go to your Control Panel (on a Windows machine ... dunno what it's called on a Mac) and uninstall it. It doesn't affect iTunes or the iPad in any way...

Marilyn

OP
M

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance ya'll! This week I've been having all kinds of problems w/ my only 1 yr old Dell desktop Windows 7 that is usually so dependable, plus my printer died, plus I picked this week to try to get used to using a new split ergonomic keyboard for doing my medical transcription. When I realized what I had done w/ the safari I thought, not one more thing wrong! Picked up a new wireless printer today, but due to work won't be able to set everything up 'til Friday, but I'm excited!

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always uncheck safari when the update window pops up. I only update QuickTime+iTunes....

I like my Firefox.

You can just uninstall Safari... It isn't required to have

Most reactions

Latest posts