What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes..two ipads...Help

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, here's the short version.

My CPU died. So now my wife and I are sharing her laptop. I couldn't get iTunes to recognize my iPad so I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled. Now it recognizes my iPad but not hers.

When I plug in her iPad it does not act normal. It's as though the computer and iTunes won't recognize. What do I do?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you both using the same Apple iTunes account?

If not, create a second user/login on the computer and use that to keep your two iTunes libraries completely separate.

OP
N

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No we have separate accounts. Before connecting here iPad to iTunes I closed iTunes, then reopened, logged her in and connected cables. However, my computer makes two really funny beeps and iTunes will not recognize her iPad. She does not have the new iOS.

So far I have reinstalled iTunes, charged her iPad, shut both down, and still nothing. Help!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I suggest a separate login, I'm not talking about logging into iTunes. I'm talking about a separate user on the computer itself. This keeps your two iTunes libraries and settings separate.

Try reseting the iPad. After that I've few ideas. Some people have had success switching USB ports, though I doubt that would help in your case.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts