What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes on two pc's in differnt places, how does that work?

sailorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My new iPad has been synced with iTunes via my laptop here in Texas. When I return to my other home without the laptop and connect the iPad to my desktop there that has iTunes that has only been used to sync my wife's iPod there, and connect my iPad to it what will happen? The two iTune libraries are different and will it even recognize my iPad?

Thanks,
Sailorman

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to authorize the second computer's iTunes with the same account as you've set up in the first one. Once you've done that, you should be able to at least perform a "Transfer purchases from (iPad's name)" to copy your apps from the iPad into the second computer.

OP
S

sailorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. What about songs or other files that were not purchased from the iTunes store but just loaded into my iTunes library? How should I get them over to the new computer iTunes?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I didn't have that many non-iTunes files (music, photos, PDFs, etc) so my workaround was simply by copying the files off Computer A onto a USB flashdrive, and copied them into Computer B.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Copy your library files from Texas pc onto a flash drive and copy back to home pc library. That's how I move my music around. If you purchased via iTunes just authorize the home pc to your account You don't have to deauthorise her ID

Most reactions