What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Sync Question

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So all I wanted to do was sync one video onto my iPad.

I go to my library add the video, go to myipad on the list on the left side, then I go to movies tab up top, select the video and hit sync.

When I hit apply it says are you sure you want to remove all 32 apps from your ipad, and I click no. So I have to go to the apps tab up top and select sync apps otherwise it deletes them all from my ipad.

Now I dont want to sync my apps every time I add a video or music is there a way to do this? Also why does it rearrange all my apps by name instead of how I had them placed after I sync.

Is there a way to sync just one video instead of worrying about syncing everything else.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Syncing apps everytime is not going to be an issue. It only syncs anything that has changed. So if you have 50Gigs of music, apps and video on your iPad and you add one movie, it will only take as long to sync the one movie, not all 50Gigs.

Cleanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime I sync my iPad with my computer it backs up ipad and this takes to much time. How to prevent backing up ipad everytime I sync with my computer?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I understand, it is possible with some 3rd party software to disable the backup part of the sync, but do you really want to?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you purchase a lot of stuff from your IPad

Everytime I sync my iPad with my computer it backs up ipad and this takes to much time. How to prevent backing up ipad everytime I sync with my computer?

Yes, it does seem to take a long time to back up and sync. That is why I set aside time, like Friday nights--when you should be out with friends, to sync my Ipad to Itunes on my laptop.

This becomes critical when you have to do an os update/upgrade.

Most reactions

Latest posts