What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes store slow on purpose?

Reaction score
Is the iTunesstore on the iPad slowed down on purpose?

I know that this sounds weird, but when downloading a movie from iTunes onto the iPad, it is really slow over 3G, but when I tether the 3G connection to a laptop and download the movie there, it is twice as fast, even though it is using the same Internet connection.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is interesting because, when I try to download movies the iTunes store it won't let me do this over 3G but insists I use a WiFi link. You say that you tethered your 3G link to your laptop and then used that link, presumably via WiFi. Are you certain when you first tried to do the download you didn't have WiFi switched on then too? Remember the iPad will always use WiFi if it's switched on, even if 3G is available.

So, is it possible that, during your first test, your iPad was unintentionally using a WiFi link and not 3G?

Hope this helps

Tim
Scotland

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
This is interesting because, when I try to download movies the iTunes store it won't let me do this over 3G but insists I use a WiFi link.
It isn't only movies. Apple has capped 3G downloads at 20MB, probably as a concession to ATT.

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's ridiculous, my 3g mifi is so ungodly slow on my ipad. I mean seriously slow. It takes forever to download the simplest of apps. Connected to normal wifi is fine and speedy, but not the mifi. Hell,s haring wifi internet from my 3g phone is 10x faster than my mifi. I'm seriously disappointed.

Most reactions