What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes store and other apps in French! Help!!!

Greasy rani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the site and new to iPads in general, but I just got this new iPad3 from my work and it seems to work fine until I go into my app store or iTunes itself... It seems to want to default to the French version. Now if I go to support (or the French version of support) it takes me to the webpage and defaults back to English!!! I'm very confused... Anyone seen this before??? My best guess is I have the French option checked somewhere inside the app but can't find it to get back to English, can anyone walk me through this?

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the site and new to iPads in general, but I just got this new iPad3 from my work and it seems to work fine until I go into my app store or iTunes itself... It seems to want to default to the French version. Now if I go to support (or the French version of support) it takes me to the webpage and defaults back to English!!! I'm very confused... Anyone seen this before??? My best guess is I have the French option checked somewhere inside the app but can't find it to get back to English, can anyone walk me through this?

See if this work for you. Go to "Settings", then tap "International". Tap "Language" and select "English".

jizkid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greasy rani said:
Hello all,

Indeed I have the same problem. My settings are in English, but for some strange reason I keep sometimes getting mails from apple store in French.
I did unfortunately not find a solution to this problem yet.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jizkid said:
Indeed I have the same problem. My settings are in English, but for some strange reason I keep sometimes getting mails from apple store in French.

Did you try the solution offered by coolstuffs in the post previous to yours?

jizkid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jizkid

scifan57 said:
Did you try the solution offered by coolstuffs in the post previous to yours?

Hello scifan57,
Yes, indeed I already tried this immediately after it occurred. (Luckily I am not a computer newbie, ;-) )
The strange thing is, that it occurred right after the upgrade to iOS5. Right after the upgrade I connected to iCloud, and for some strange reason that was partly in French. I have never been able to change that, so up to now I do not have "reminders" but instead "rappels", and my agenda's are not called "personal" and "work", but "Personnel" and "Travail".
Well I can live with that, my French is quite good, but I still wonder what can have gone wrong.

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If your're willing, try "reset all settings". But before doing it do a reading of the reset effects/consequences and do a backup just in case.

jizkid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That might be a good idea coolstuff. But it is of course a major pain to get all settings back again. :-(
Although I think it will not help, I suspect the problem being in the apple store itself.

In the mean time I have a strange problem with my virtual keyboard, over there the reset of all settings might help.

Most reactions

Latest posts