What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes purchases won't play!

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble getting purchases made on my iPad to actually work. I downloaded an episode of a serious I watch and a couple of songs from iTunes and none of them will play. All the music I have stored on my iPad plays, just not these recent purchases.

The purchases are available to see in my iPod app/video app but they have no album art and when I tap them to play, they look like they are about to open, but then they don't. In the video app it says 'video cannot be played' and in the iPod app it says nothing, just closes the song.

Any ideas? Been on the apple site and the help section says it might be authorisation, I didn't think this applied when they are purchased directly from a iDevice.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried a complete power down of the iPad? It fixes a whole load of problems...

Tim

OP
AvaMoore

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the first thing I did, still no luck though.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The series you downloaded - was that from iTunes? You downloaded it directly to the iPad using WiFi?

Tim

OP
AvaMoore

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, downloaded it through a wifi connection at home. It cost about £2.50 on iTunes.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would call the toll-free Apple support line with the iTunes transaction reference number from your iTunes invoice. They'll either issue you with a refund as a credit to your iTunes account, or authorise a further download - so you can delete the original and try downloading it a second time.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts