What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes password

Norm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the last two days every time I open my IPad it prompts me for my iTunes password, if I hit cancel it pops back up again until I enter it. It never did this before and it's annoying. I tried signing out and entering the info in settings, anyone know what I messed up.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is iTunes stuck on a download in progress? That might require resubmitting a password. otherwise I'm stumped.

GlennTX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might also try to sync with your desktop to see if that fixes it.

OP
N

Norm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all, yes it was stuck on a download. "Hotel for IPad" was stuck on an update and I did not notice, I re downloaded it and all is well.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a related note, whenever you "purchase" an app (most all the ones I get are free), is iTunes supposed to ask for your password every time?

I would think it would remember your password.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes will not prompt for a password for subsequent purchases made within 15 minutes of the initial download.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a related note, whenever you "purchase" an app (most all the ones I get are free), is iTunes supposed to ask for your password every time?

I would think it would remember your password.
I am kind of glad it does!

How would you feel if someone got ahold of your iPad and accidentally purchased the XA1 Real Time Spectrum Analyzer app for $179.99 or all 422 selections from the "Haydn: The Complete Symphonies" set at 99¢ each! (Actually I wouldn't mind having that!)

Skootles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with iTunes constantly asking for my password. It may be a coincidence but it started after I upgraded the OS to version 3.2.1.

Update: I had a stuck download in iTunes and deleted it and I think the problem is gone. Reading this forum gave me a hint of where to look for the problem. Thanks.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with iTunes constantly asking for my password. It may be a coincidence but it started after I upgraded the OS to version 3.2.1.
The upgrade has nothing to do with it. It was doing that on my 1st gen iPod Touch. iTunes has always promted for a password unless you buy something else within that 15 minute time window.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How would you feel if someone got ahold of your iPad and accidentally purchased the XA1 Real Time Spectrum Analyzer app for $179.99 or all 422 selections from the "Haydn: The Complete Symphonies" set at 99¢ each! (Actually I wouldn't mind having that!)

Yes, it's a tad annoying, but I'm glad it asks, too. I think it's a good security measure.

What I don't understand is when my iPad tells me it can't make a purchase after I enter my password. My iPhone never does that. No, it doesn't say I entered my password wrong, it says it can't complete the purchase when it goes to download it. I get the icon on a page, get a waiting message (instead of loading), then fails, pops up the error message, then removes the Icon. I keep trying and eventually it works. I'm wondering if it's a wifi issue? I dunno, but it's annoying.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I don't understand is when my iPad tells me it can't make a purchase after I enter my password. My iPhone never does that. No, it doesn't so say I entered my password wrong, it says it can't complete the purchase when it goes to download it. I get the icon on a page, get a waiting message (instead of loading), then fails, pops up the error message, then removes the Icon. I keep trying and eventually it works. I'm wondering if it's a wifi issue? I dunno, but it's annoying.
It absolutely could be an issue with your connection. The 3.2.1 upgrade really did wonders for my connection stability. For the most part however, mostly for convenience sake, I get most of my content from iTunes on my PC and sync it to my iPad.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I don't understand is when my iPad tells me it can't make a purchase after I enter my password. My iPhone never does that. No, it doesn't so say I entered my password wrong, it says it can't complete the purchase when it goes to download it. I get the icon on a page, get a waiting message (instead of loading), then fails, pops up the error message, then removes the Icon. I keep trying and eventually it works. I'm wondering if it's a wifi issue? I dunno, but it's annoying.
It absolutely could be an issue with your connection. The 3.2.1 upgrade really did wonders for my connection stability. For the most part however, mostly for convenience sake, I get most of my content from iTunes on my PC and sync it to my iPad.

That's what I was thinking. I've already updated the OS though, so the supposed wifi problems with the OS probably aren't the cause.

I generally use my iPhone or iPad to get new apps. It seems weird to me to do that on my computer, then sync. I'm using the same wifi for my computer and iPhone and iPad. When I sync, the apps get backed up to my computer.

Dar

Most reactions

Latest posts