What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes over WiFi on Virtual machine on Linux

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Not sure if it's the right forum for this question but I'll try
icon_smile.gif

I recently bought iPad3 and need iTunes. I run Ubuntu 11.10 and iTunes doesn't support Linux. Well I installed Virtualbox on my Ubuntu and it's WinXP. Then I installed iTunes on windows. Now the problems started. My VM is seen on my home networks and my iPad also could recognize it and browse files/folder from iPad using iPad application FileExplorer. That tells me that they could talk to each other. Now when I start iTunes I want to sync it with my iPad wirelessly but it failed to find iPad. When I connect it with a cable it locates it but not wirelessly.
Any idea how could I make VM running on Ubuntu to sync with iPad using WiFi?
Maybe someone has experience using virtual machine with iTunes?
Thanks.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
susja said:
Hello,
Not sure if it's the right forum for this question but I'll try
I recently bought iPad3 and need iTunes. I run Ubuntu 11.10 and iTunes doesn't support Linux. Well I installed Virtualbox on my Ubuntu and it's WinXP. Then I installed iTunes on windows. Now the problems started. My VM is seen on my home networks and my iPad also could recognize it and browse files/folder from iPad using iPad application FileExplorer. That tells me that they could talk to each other. Now when I start iTunes I want to sync it with my iPad wirelessly but it failed to find iPad. When I connect it with a cable it locates it but not wirelessly.
Any idea how could I make VM running on Ubuntu to sync with iPad using WiFi?
Maybe someone has experience using virtual machine with iTunes?
Thanks.

(note: had to quote so I can read and answer more easily on the iPad).

There are a couple of apps that can sync or partially sync the iPad for Ubuntu (wired). A good one is BeatBox, but it's in alpha. The iPad filesystem can also be partially browsed with Ubuntu build in. For your problem I suggest you to maybe change the internet settings in the VM settings. That's all I know.

Sent from K48

Most reactions

Latest posts