What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes not responding

iJsquared

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I plug my iPad 2 into my pc, iTunes goes from running beautifully to not responding, I can't even close the window. Then, when I unplug my iPad 2, it runs great again. I had sync'd my iPad 2 with my pc once when i first got it... My pc is a 2010 asus, with plenty of power to handle something like iTunes. And every time I try to sync it again, it completely fails on me. I just want to sync the device. I have already updated to e newest version of iTunes, so that cannot be the problem. Please help, I'm not a noob

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the form! :)

There may be plenty of explanations for this issue, but since you are on a Windows computer, please check in 'Task Manager' (Ctrl-Alt-Delete, i.e. the triple key salute!) to see if the 'Mobile Apple Device' service is running (see image below)? If not, activate the service and then see if you can sync?

If this service is already running and you are still having a problem, then please post back to this thread for further advice - good luck!

TaskManager.JPG

Most reactions