What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

syncing IPad 2 contacts to PC Outlook 2010

jwillyf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched the web but cannot find a convincing answer to my query.
I have entered new contacts to my IPad 2. When I sync the IPad to my PC Outlook 2010 using ITunes, these new IPad entries are not transferred.
Is the Itunes sync in fact only from PC to Ipad rather than 2 way? I am fairly sure it has been a two way process until I noticed today that it was not happening- or am I wrong?
Thanks

Tudor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same setup, but I have never used iTunes to sync. I just use iCloud and the add-ons to Outlook.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too use iCloud and the Outlook add-in to keep my contacts in sync. If you choose this route, read the instructions on the Apple site carefully to avoid duplicates. The add-in will handle all the work for you if you just follow the instructions.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

jwillyf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Will go down the ICloud route from now on

Tcracing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to be able to import/export Outlook Contact information on a regular basis. I have created a custom form in Outlook 2010 that i would like to replicate on the iPad using an app. My question is can I transfer the information from the iPad to Microsoft Exchange server without having to go thru iCloud? or do I need to go thru iCloud to get to Exchange Server?

Most reactions

Latest posts