What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes Music downloads into Amazon Cloud Player

caledonia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I stop this on my iPad Air?. When I sync music from iTunes on my PC into my Music app on my iPad Air it also appears in Amazon Cloud Player. I don't want them on the cloud player. I have auto-download Amazon MP3 purchases as want them from Amazon but not iTunes.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Amazon cloud player, but I'd guess that it gives you access to local music (stuff you synced to the iPad from iTunes) as well as your Amazon cloud music. It won't be stored twice, just accessible in both apps.

If it is possible to get Amazon Cloud Player to stop showing your local iTunes tracks it will be somewhere in the Amazon app's settings.

OP
caledonia

caledonia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I can't see any setting on Amazon cloud player. As you say I don't think it's stored twice on my iPad but cloud player has access to the Music app contents. Annoying thing was it showed completely the wrong artist album art twice. I removed from iTunes then reloaded and was ok. Thanks

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No way is iTunes on your PC downloading anything into Amazon Cloud Player. To get something into Cloud Player you need to import it on your computer and upload it to Amazon's clould (or buy it from Amazon). Amazon won't grab anything on your iPad and upload it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Amazon probably has some kind of feedback page for their apps. If you can find it leave some feedback. Maybe they will fix it, or give you the option to turn off the iTunes content in a future version.

Try the support page link for the app in the App Store as a starting place.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I can't see any setting on Amazon cloud player. As you say I don't think it's stored twice on my iPad but cloud player has access to the Music app contents. Annoying thing was it showed completely the wrong artist album art twice. I removed from iTunes then reloaded and was ok. Thanks

I think you added playlists from iTunes onto your Amazon Cloud Player app. You can delete them by sliding on them left to right or vice versa.

The feature to add iTunes playlists to the Cloud Player app is under settings (which is the gear icon on the upper right). Once you tap that, it's under the heading "Add playlists from device." It says under that as an explanation: Select playlists in your iTunes Library."

It will allow you to do that only for iTunes songs you've downloaded onto your device, not ones in the cloud.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Amazon probably has some kind of feedback page for their apps. If you can find it leave some feedback. Maybe they will fix it, or give you the option to turn off the iTunes content in a future version.

Try the support page link for the app in the App Store as a starting place.

The Cloud Player app lets you add iTunes playlists as you choose -- there's no need to turn off, because you actively have to add each playlist; there's no default "on."

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have playlists in my Music app, but all my songs from the app appear in Cloud Player from Amazon. Also, I don't sync via iTunes. As soon as I purchase a new song, it's in Amazon's app as well, and I don't have to do anything.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have playlists in my Music app, but all my songs from the app appear in Cloud Player from Amazon. Also, I don't sync via iTunes. As soon as I purchase a new song, it's in Amazon's app as well, and I don't have to do anything.

I wonder if the overseas versions are different from the U.S. version. I've been using the Amazon Cloud Player for a long time and have bought iTunes music since, and none has loaded automatically.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

From what I can see, if you have music on your device in the music app, the cloud player shows that music as on your device provide it is not on your cloud also. But it is listed the the "device" section in the cloud player.

I did find where the cloud player had really bad (as in wrong) album art for an album I have. The right art is in iTunes (not on this iPad).

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I can see, if you have music on your device in the music app, the cloud player shows that music as on your device provide it is not on your cloud also. But it is listed the the "device" section in the cloud player.
That's right. It works that way for me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I did find where the cloud player had really bad (as in wrong) album art for an album I have. The right art is in iTunes (not on this iPad).

There must be some kind of setting that triggers what you're talking about, because mine doesn't work that way. To test, I just bought a free iTunes song, downloaded it; it shows on my iPad native music app, but it doesn't show on my Cloud Player. The only iTunes songs that show on my Cloud Player are playlists from iTunes. Otherwise, the only other songs that appear on my Cloud Player app are ones I bought from Amazon.

If there's a toggle, I'd like to know what it is, because I'd find it more convenient to have all my songs listed on Cloud Player, since iTunes won't list my Amazon songs unless I load them into iTunes.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the top of the app, I find "Cloud" and "Device". In Device there are the songs/albums... in Music and Cloud Player:

image-3438943957.jpg

No playlists, as you see, but everything else:

image-3030237185.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you guys seeing songs on Cloud Player loaded to iTunes via PC? How about ones bought on iPad via iTunes?

On my iPad Air, I have only songs loaded via the latter on the native music app, and most don't show on Cloud Player. (I see just the playlist ones and am missing a bunch otherwise.) I'd like to make them all visible on Cloud Player, but don't know how. I don't care about the cover art matching or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts