What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes media server

okey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys

New to the forum

I have just purchased a ipad 2,and i have got a windows 10 pc with itunes on there, as i have over 500 albums on my hard drive on my pc.

Is there a way i can use itunes on my ipad2 to access my albums on my windows 10 pc, as my ipad is only 16g.

As it as airplay i have got 2 - 3 airplay speakers in the house, and airplay works well from my windows 10 machine to the airplay speakers.

I have not had an ipad before so it's all new to me

Is there any other good music app to access my collection from the pc with the airplay feature.

I would like to use the ipad as a jukebox but to access my hard drive collection.

Hope you can help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the hard drive on your PC is accessible through the cloud, it could be accessed from any WiFi network by your iPad. You could then stream the music to your iPad. Here's a forum that discusses Network Attached Storage. Network Attached Storage (NAS)

You may have to transfer your music to one of these devices before it would work for you.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On your iPad, search the App Store for "Remote." It's an iPad/iPhone app that lets you control an iTunes library over wifi. The music will stream from the computer directly to the AirPlay speakers, not through the iPad.

I use Remote on my iPad to stream albums from iTunes on my iMac to my Apple TV, thence to a DAC attached to my stereo preamp. I assume it works the same with PC iTunes.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have just purchased a ipad 2,and i have got a windows 10 pc with itunes on there, as i have over 500 albums on my hard drive on my pc.

Is there a way i can use itunes on my ipad2 to access my albums on my windows 10 pc, as my ipad is only 16g.

As it as airplay i have got 2 - 3 airplay speakers in the house, and airplay works well from my windows 10 machine to the airplay speakers.

Hello - you've already received great advice and I'm sure one of the options suggested will work fine for you. Another consideration is to explore Apple's cloud-based music offerings - in particular, iTunes Match - all of the music on your PC (purchased, ripped, etc.) will be stored in the Apple Cloud and can be accessed by many of your authorized devices - the only drawback is the cost, i.e. $25/year - check the link, if interested. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.20.04 AM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts