What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes / iBooks / Vendor / Tax Predicaments

AuntMichelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll try and put this succinctly!... I am the creator/author of a unique digital children's book (Late to Dinner) first available on the iPad. As I do not have a Mac, I used the vendor BookBaby to get it into iTunes/iBookstore, and the city of Alpharetta, GA, picked up the tab on this effort.:) The book became available in December, but BookBaby sales will not "show up on reports until 60-90 days following the end of the current month," so God only knows when I'll get that info.

My first predicament is that I do not know what to do with my Google Adwords campaign. How do I know it is worth the effort if I don't know the results? Secondly, I'm working on my taxes and don't know whether to start with 2011 or 2012 in my reporting. I don't know if I made any sales last year. My third predicament is that I don't know if BookBaby is giving me the runaround. I feel they don't like me because I did everything myself and only used them to get my book into iTunes. I didn't even purchase my ISDN through them. I'm an unemployed graphic designer and web developer, so how could I NOT learn how to DIY?!

So, in a nutshell, I want to know how I can access iTunes directly. I do not have a Mac, so I cannot apply for their partner program. AND I want to know how I can make changes to my book--content, price and category. The only thing I can do is shell out money to BookBaby again...and I do not currently have the funds. I use BookBaby because they are the only ones I've found that don't take another cut in my profits.:confused:

Please help this poor American from becoming poorer.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UOTE=AuntMichelle;447109]I'll try and put this succinctly!... I am the creator/author of a unique digital children's book (Late to Dinner) first available on the iPad. As I do not have a Mac, I used the vendor BookBaby to get it into iTunes/iBookstore, and the city of Alpharetta, GA, picked up the tab on this effort.:) The book became available in December, but BookBaby sales will not "show up on reports until 60-90 days following the end of the current month," so God only knows when I'll get that info.

My first predicament is that I do not know what to do with my Google Adwords campaign. How do I know it is worth the effort if I don't know the results? Secondly, I'm working on my taxes and don't know whether to start with 2011 or 2012 in my reporting. I don't know if I made any sales last year. My third predicament is that I don't know if BookBaby is giving me the runaround. I feel they don't like me because I did everything myself and only used them to get my book into iTunes. I didn't even purchase my ISDN through them. I'm an unemployed graphic designer and web developer, so how could I NOT learn how to DIY?!

So, in a nutshell, I want to know how I can access iTunes directly. I do not have a Mac, so I cannot apply for their partner program. AND I want to know how I can make changes to my book--content, price and category. The only thing I can do is shell out money to BookBaby again...and I do not currently have the funds. I use BookBaby because they are the only ones I've found that don't take another cut in my profits.:confused:

Please help this poor American from becoming poorer.[/QUOTE]

First, you don't owe taxes until the year you receive the income. That will be 2012. You should call Apple to get some help on this. Can't you use a Mac in the piblic library, or in an Apple store?

Most reactions