What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTiunes keeps asking for login details

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This bugged me for ages and I always had one of my devices asking me for a login. The problem was that there was more than one account. Without remebering it, I had created anotrher account for myself. Over 4 devices, I had 3 different accounts going (including one for my other half). The solution was to only have apps from one account for all of our devices. I got rid of any apps that were from the other accounts and reloaded them all from one account. Lucky for us we had only free apps that were on the other accounts. If you have paid apps over multiple accounts, that might have to be something you take to apple. I am sure they will be able to sort that out for you. But this actually works and solves the problem for good (until you split up and try and sreset your device and the account is in your other halfs name!)

Cham_001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ianimae :)

I bought my iPad in Nov 2010, it has an OS version 3.2.1, and i have only registered the 1 account with Apple iTunes.

I keep on getting this message too!

I have been creating my own Log of observations and issues so that when I return to London, I can get to an Apple store for advice - see below:

5. *Problem and Cause: *when new Applications are downloaded, that remain incomplete due to their being in excess of 20MB, these Icon/Apps cannot then be deleted.
Annoyance 1. So when you have a multitude of these, once you connect to iTunes it cycles through each one telling you that you need to connect to your laptop to complete the install. We know this but for valid reasons it cannot be done!!!
Consequently, it takes about 10mins for iTunes to finish this cycle, giving you a very small window to download other stuff. The Message Box constantly pops-up.
Then the cycle kicks-off again after 10mins..... How many times I have nearly launched this device into space..... !!!
Annoyance 2. It holds-up and delays the other chosen Apps that you wish to download especially from iBooks thst take up very little disk space.

Most reactions

Latest posts