What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting an iTunes account

ashraf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two iTunes accounts on two different app stores. I normally have a tough time with updates, since the iPad behaves strangely when it comes to the current, active login and the password that it asks! I'm sure many have the same problem!

Anyway, I thought I'd delete one of the accounts and continue with the other! What will happen to the apps associated with the account I want to delete?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two iTunes accounts on two different app stores. I normally have a tough time with updates, since the iPad behaves strangely when it comes to the current, active login and the password that it asks! I'm sure many have the same problem!

Anyway, I thought I'd delete one of the accounts and continue with the other! What will happen to the apps associated with the account I want to delete?

They simply won't be updated any longer.

Tim

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I rater stay with one... I imagine it can be a nightmare!

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
An iTunes account can only be tied to one country so you need different accounts if you want things from different stores. Lots of apps are restricted due to location so this is a way round it, iplayer only available in the uk store for example, or netflix in the us store.

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paypal tie up is not possible for all stores. I have indonesian itunes account and never get an option to add my paypal account. only credit cards.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spgary said:
paypal tie up is not possible for all stores. I have indonesian itunes account and never get an option to add my paypal account. only credit cards.

I can add a paypal account. I am in the us.

psrastogi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
presently i am in usa but when i go to india can i use the sameaccount which i am having presently or will have to open new account with indian i tune store

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can continue to use the same account unless you need to change your billing address for a credit card. I'm living in Malaysia and use my US account

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts