What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Took Less Than a Week!- Apple iPad already rivals Android, BlackBerry

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

from AppleInsider many people liked this

With more than 500,000 units sold in its first week, Apple's iPad has tracked as high as 0.04 percent of total daily Web browsing, a number equal to March averages for the Android and BlackBerry platforms, according to a Web analysis firm.

I have asked several Android users why they wee not using their Androids, all of them said they didn't enjoy messing with it as it was difficult, they would have to go back and reread the book as to how to do stuff. Android is definitely not your Apple experience where everything is dead easy and you don't even get or need a book. You see that reflected in the above bit of news where the half million new users to the iPad are already using them in greater numbers than the millions existing of Android and BlackBerry owners even use theirs.

Apple users get more value for their money with ease of use.

Last edited:

SocalMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple should of called it the MagicPad because every time someone touches it they want one.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Does not surprise me. One of the things people miss is that ease of use is equally important as the capabilities of a product. I could get on the net with my Windows Mobile PDA 5 years ago. But I didn't much, because it was a PITA. Just because a device can do something, does not mean that it is practical to do it in day to day use. I actually like the web better on my iPad than on my PC....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does not surprise me. One of the things people miss is that ease of use is equally important as the capabilities of a product. I could get on the net with my Windows Mobile PDA 5 years ago. But I didn't much, because it was a PITA. Just because a device can do something, does not mean that it is practical to do it in day to day use. I actually like the web better on my iPad than on my PC....

I agree, I have a mac pro with two displays and I frequently opt to just use my iPad for web. I can just turn it on and use it without having to wait for it to come out of sleep and raise my electric bill.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is like comparing Apples to Blackberries! How do they equivocate web browsing on a 3.5" screen to that of a 9.7" one. They should be comparing iPhone browsing to Blackberry and Android.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is like comparing Apples to Blackberries! How do they equivocate web browsing on a 3.5" screen to that of a 9.7" one. They should be comparing iPhone browsing to Blackberry and Android.

I agree, I don't see this being a very useful study until iPad starts taking up laptop share.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just an early look at the web browsing on iPads trend compared to other devices, particularly mobile.
Screen size is not really the point here nor if it out performs blackberry or Droid browsing capabilities, Just how much browsing is being done from an iPad, that's all.

Most reactions