What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It changed my name!

Alces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
The spellcheck/autochecker has spellchecked and changed my name, so that when I send an email, the recipient sees that the email is from my autocorrected name, not my correct one! I've tried turning off spellcheck and autocorrect, but this doesn't seem to help. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Gunneruseipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
The spellcheck/autochecker has spellchecked and changed my name, so that when I send an email, the recipient sees that the email is from my autocorrected name, not my correct one! I've tried turning off spellcheck and autocorrect, but this doesn't seem to help. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

try holding the on/off button untillu get a slide to swith ff at the top of your screen-do this wait about 30-60 secs again. hol down home and on/off button untill the apple logo appears- you may need to turn spell-check and auto-correct off agin

OP
A

Alces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, G! I tried your suggestion, but my email is still under my Autocorrected name. Do you have any other suggestions?

Most reactions