What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter app allows unlimited flash content to play on iPad.. For free.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the new update for ISwifter can give access to flash programs via 3g, I would pay for it. If not, it doesn't make much sense, does it? I mean, if I am going to use wifi, I am more likely to be at home, why then would I need iSwifter?

Just tested it - no 3G access. iSwifter requires WiFi.

May just have to start using my default remote access app, Jump, to access those videos I simply must see (which, granted, aren't that many).

Guess they've got to support their servers somehow, yeah? Just not sure it's going to be my money providing the support. Still debating...

Marilyn

nicki8801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using it every day to watch the Casey Anthony trial in Florida. I paid 2.99 for it. Can they charge me a monthly fee now? When I opened it today to watch the trial it said I needed an upgrade but it did not say anything about a monthly fee so I did the upgrade. I don't want to pay a monthly fee but it does work great for what I am using it for

nicki8801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iSwifter people wrote me back...yea!!!
Hi Nick,
Since you already paid for iSwifter, you won't be required to purchase the subscription service. You can continue to use the app, including the update, using your original purchase. We like to reward our customer's loyalty

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that's good new ! Thanks for letting us know .

childzplay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using iSwifter for some time now. I've experienced pretty much what everyone else has. I get the your connection has slowed comment, I get the can't connect comment, etc... but not all the time. It is almost painfully slow, but ultimately it's better than not having the ability to view flash. It's far far from perfect, but it can still be useful. I've already loaded the new revision and find it very similar to the old revision. I have the same issues. I don't find the scrolling to be better at least on the sites I visit.

Here are the issues I see which need to be fixed in my order of importance.

1. Slowed Connection
2. Cannot Connect
3. Speed
4. Scrolling
5. Crashing (not very often for me thankfully)

All that being said, it is still better than not having the ability IMHO. I'm going to try Puffin now. However, the Slashtop idea seems the best to me. If for example my home network is down for whatever reason, I still like the idea of having a local program that can support flash - albeit not perfectly.

By the way, I also thought the oxymoron comment was a crackup. :D

nicki8801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iSwifter has been really good today. Before, I would have to touch the screen every 5 minutes or so to keep it running. After the update I have not had to touch it at all. I'm not playing games but watching a trial.

Thanks Jim B. I'll check out CNN. I am watching it on the Orlandosentinel website. I can't find the live stream on CNN. Are you saying they are showing the trial or only videos of it?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iSwifter people wrote me back...yea!!!
Hi Nick,
Since you already paid for iSwifter, you won't be required to purchase the subscription service. You can continue to use the app, including the update, using your original purchase. We like to reward our customer's loyalty

Thanks for passing that on, Nick. Cause I really like how iSwifter works, for me, when I want to view the occasional flash video. Glad I don't have to decide to get the subscription (as I paid for the app way back when...).

Marilyn

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nicki8801 said:
My iSwifter has been really good today. Before, I would have to touch the screen every 5 minutes or so to keep it running. After the update I have not had to touch it at all. I'm not playing games but watching a trial.

Thanks Jim B. I'll check out CNN. I am watching it on the Orlandosentinel website. I can't find the live stream on CNN. Are you saying they are showing the trial or only videos of it?

The trial. It is only on when the trial is live. There is a banner that says live video somewhere on the video page.

nicki8801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[Thanks Jim B. I'll check out CNN. I am watching it on the Orlandosentinel website. I can't find the live stream on CNN. Are you saying they are showing the trial or only videos of it?[/quote]

The trial. It is only on when the trial is live. There is a banner that says live video somewhere on the video page.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't find it earlier. I'll try again when the trial is on. Thanks nicki

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts