What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with newstand

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 since April 2011 so it's almost 1 year old. I've noticed something lately that has seemed to happen since the most recent IOS update. On newsstand when I'm viewing a magazine, you know how when you flip the page, it's briefly out of focus and then it focuses? Mine has stopped focusing. On some pages it just takes a long time and will eventually focus...but on other pages, nope....it never focuses in and is impossible to read. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping it's something with the new update and can be fixed...hoping it's not something up with my iPad! Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - I use Zinio for my magazines but have also noted that usual behaviour in other apps - I would first suggest that you 'force close' the Newsstand APP, i.e. double tap the home button (or use multi-fingering gesturing w/ an up swipe); find the app and then press & hold the icon until it jiggles; press the minus sign and return to the home screen - try the app again.

If the above is not successful, then 'Resart' or if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if unfamiliar w/ the maneuvers. Good luck and please post back if these steps do not help - :)

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm Newstand doesn't have an X when it wiggles. I don't think I can delete it and then re-install it. I've closed everything...I've restarted. I will see how things go today.
Thanks!

QUOTE="giradman"]Hello - I use Zinio for my magazines but have also noted that usual behaviour in other apps - I would first suggest that you 'force close' the Newsstand APP, i.e. double tap the home button (or use multi-fingering gesturing w/ an up swipe); find the app and then press & hold the icon until it jiggles; press the minus sign and return to the home screen - try the app again.

If the above is not successful, then 'Resart' or if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if unfamiliar w/ the maneuvers. Good luck and please post back if these steps do not help - :)[/QUOTE]

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
anmanwar said:
Hmmm Newstand doesn't have an X when it wiggles. I don't think I can delete it and then re-install it. I've closed everything...I've restarted. I will see how things go today.
Thanks!

Sorry - I just tried it and my icon does have a minus sign which will just close the program; actually Newsstand is one of those native apps that cannot be deleted! Be sure to try a 'Reset' if still having a problem - good luck. :)

Most reactions