What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with Air

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this subject can just go on and on as there are so many permutations, We all use our iPads in different ways, different apps and use different web sites, After my experiences i really think in almost every case this is going to be a software issue, I had two Airs in three weeks both doing exactly the same thing and if i had taken Apples advice i would have had three and i'm pretty sure the third one would have had the same behaviour.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think this subject can just go on and on as there are so many permutations, We all use our iPads in different ways, different apps and use different web sites, After my experiences i really think in almost every case this is going to be a software issue, I had two Airs in three weeks both doing exactly the same thing and if i had taken Apples advice i would have had three and i'm pretty sure the third one would have had the same behaviour.

That sums it up. Apple needs to look into this and get it sorted. And that's the end of that. I do believe its fixable and that it's software, NOT a lack of physical RAM.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When is OS7.1 ready for download?

No one really knows as that's an Apple-controlled process. We do know that the first beta of that iOS has been released and is in active use for testing and debugging.

Most likely, nothing will be seen for iOS 7.1. (for general public use) until we're in 2014. I'm sure there is a lot of work being done on it...

Marilyn

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to encourage those less fortunate - I use Safari ALL the time and it has NEVER crashed on me. :) I often have 10 tabs open quite happily....

I had initial problems getting everything across from an iPad 3 and problems with Yahoo (in the Mail App) (which turned out to be a need for a "specific" password to be created in Yahoo) but it has been PERFECT since.

Even when I had the Yahoo problem, Yahoo in Safari worked perfectly :D

Good luck :)

Oops, all my Smilies got lost????

OP
panchucko

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had very many issues lately, my process was
1. Got new iPad
2. Restored from backup (iTunes) from iPad 3, had lots of crashes,with both safari and Chrome
3. Restored as new, only loaded apps as I needed them, same situation with Safari and chrome
4. Installed new patch IOS 7.0.4, my system seemed to work for a while then back to crashing.
5. Restored again to my iPad 3 backup from iTunes. Crashes seems to have gone away, until I was introduced to the 9 and 5 site. I had a crash at that site. Since then I have had very few crashes I have had one crash on the 6th, 11th and 12th but not others. I usually keep many safari and chrome tabs open
It is crazy but I still love my iPad Air

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't had very many issues lately, my process was
1. Got new iPad
2. Restored from backup (iTunes) from iPad 3, had lots of crashes,with both safari and Chrome
3. Restored as new, only loaded apps as I needed them, same situation with Safari and chrome
4. Installed new patch IOS 7.0.4, my system seemed to work for a while then back to crashing.
5. Restored again to my iPad 3 backup from iTunes. Crashes seems to have gone away, until I was introduced to the 9 and 5 site. I had a crash at that site. Since then I have had very few crashes I have had one crash on the 6th, 11th and 12th but not others. I usually keep many safari and chrome tabs open
It is crazy but I still love my iPad Air
Strangely the last few crashes i had were as i clicked on bookmarks to come in this forum and Googlemail, Nothing is consistent, I'm kind of getting used to it in a way, I still love my Air too :) EDIT...my smilie got lost as well.

OP
panchucko

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to 9to5mac.com and see what happens. It may crash for you then.
Yes it crashed me, when I said I was introduced to 9 and 5 I meant the 9to5mac site.
It crashed me and created 2 dump files a low memory and a stacks+mobilecal. I can't decipher either one

After the crash I opened safari and the site was fine, I can read and tap on links.

Keithssd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just purchased an iPad air to replace my iPad 4 which my wife wants. I'm currently populating my air but I find that getting anything through Safari is like watching milk turn, and then when the site is almost downloaded safari crashes. I thought at first this might be a setup problem but I've set up the same as my 4. The 4 has no problem and is very quick. I note that others are having the same problems with safari. Has anyone found a solution?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just purchased an iPad air to replace my iPad 4 which my wife wants. I'm currently populating my air but I find that getting anything through Safari is like watching milk turn, and then when the site is almost downloaded safari crashes. I thought at first this might be a setup problem but I've set up the same as my 4. The 4 has no problem and is very quick. I note that others are having the same problems with safari. Has anyone found a solution?

Unfortunately there is no workaround or solution to this issue. Strangely it does not affect everyone and appears to be site dependent and perhaps even iPad hardware dependent. People are hoping that an OS update will address the issue. I believe it's safari itself and how it interacts with iOS 7 that's the culprit. Hang in there. Or, if possible exchange the iPad. I got lucky I guess since mine hasn't crashed at all. I use safari quite a bit too. Weird.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Reboot everything that you can reboot, including your router. My safari works fine except for in that 9-to-5 site someone posted. If it were not for that, I could report no problems. Certainly not slow.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own an iPad Air and have been experiencing these crash problems with Safari. When I read about the 9to5 site I tested it and it crashed when I tried to read a full review. I was curious so I opened the same site on my iPod and it crashed on the same review. The thing is my iPod is a 4th generation Touch and so it's still running iOS 6.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no workaround or solution to this issue. Strangely it does not affect everyone and appears to be site dependent and perhaps even iPad hardware dependent. People are hoping that an OS update will address the issue. I believe it's safari itself and how it interacts with iOS 7 that's the culprit. Hang in there. Or, if possible exchange the iPad. I got lucky I guess since mine hasn't crashed at all. I use safari quite a bit too. Weird.
Mine crashes in Chrome too so it isn't just a Safari issue, I have had two Airs both having the same crashing issues in Chrome and Safari.....Its annoying but I'm getting used to it, I just click the Safari icon and it goes back to the site i was on.

Last edited:

Most reactions