What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

issues with 2GB of usuage

nikita25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else running into an issue w/only being able to get 2GB of usage from AT&T? I've already gone over just using my Netflix app since I don't have a WIFI spot at my work.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AT&T said 90% of users never use that much and I was in that group - when I canceled 3G service I checked my stats and I hadn't used 2GB is the last 3 months - only 1.2GB.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was burning 2GB in about 20 days, then would renew. That's like 40 bucks a month!. I broke down and got wifi (at home, work already had it). Adding to my TV package only added about 15 bucks a month. Plus it's twice as fast. (AT&T u-verse)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After reviewing my data usage I dropped to the 250MB plan. I've never come close to overdoing that, but I only do mail and information style applications when I'm out and about. No movies, or even streaming audio.

I've also chosen to pay for the HotSpot feature on my phone. That's 2GB. This way I get versatility (more devices and two carriers) and a smidgen more total data for about 5 dollars more than the 2GB plan on the iPad.

But I don't work either, at least not at a work place, so I don't have anywhere outside of home that I need an entertainment device.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1 Netflix movie is generally just under 1 gb (same as downloading that movie). So a couple movies and you've used up 2 gb.

Most reactions