What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with Apple keyboard

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I'm having an issue with my apple keyboard. I bought it earlier this year new. Sometimes it works fine with my iPad 4 and other times it will repeat the last letter without me touching anything. If I hit backspace then it will continue backspacing until I turn it off. I don't understand what the issue is. Nothing wrong with either device. Please help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you have a key (or two ... or more) that is sticking on the keyboard. Can you give it a good cleaning and see if that helps?

Marilyn

OP
JoshuaMoore

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No no, there are no sticking issues with the keys. Sometimes they work fine. The keyboard works fine for a time and then suddenly goes crazy. It will repeat whatever letter I type continuously unless I stop it . That's any letter or button on the keyboard . Seems to be an internal issue. Maybe a bluetooth problem ? Or something interfering with the signal ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No no, there are no sticking issues with the keys. Sometimes they work fine. The keyboard works fine for a time and then suddenly goes crazy. It will repeat whatever letter I type continuously unless I stop it . That's any letter or button on the keyboard . Seems to be an internal issue. Maybe a bluetooth problem ? Or something interfering with the signal ?

Sounds irritating, sorry - I've used the Apple BT KB on my iPad 2 for over 2 years w/o a problem. Now, I'll just make a list of suggestions (if you have already done some and/or if several do not apply, then I apologize, but may help others in the future): 1) Clean out the KB w/ a can of compressed air - doubt that this would help unless just several keys; 2) Reset the iPad; and 3) Go to Settings and select the paired BT KB, pick 'Forget the device' - then pair again. If the KB has been used w/ other computers & tablets, you might want to 'forget' all and start over w/ just your iPad. Also, make sure that there is no 'interference' in the vicinity (microwaves running, 2.4 GHz headphones, network activity) - if so does the problem persists if you relocate and try the KB elsewhere. Finally, have you tried the KB on another device (e.g. iMac or MBP or another iPad)? About all that I can add to the previous posts - good luck! :)

ShineOn0001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in connection with the apple keyboard... where do i find the "done" button or its alternative... i dont have it in my keyboard ... do i have to install another one?... thanks thanksShineOn0001

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@ShoneOn0001: I'm sorry, but what do you mean by the "done" button? Is that the Return button? Or, what do you want this key to do? Could you explain a bit more?

BTW, I deleted your other two threads you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

ShineOn0001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks marilyn... my first time to post... so i was still feeling my way on how to best do it... my challenge was solved!!! the done button is the same as the enter and return button... i just needed it for uploading and doing hyperlinks in my mindmaps... thanks mucho for your attention... its all good & ShineOnm

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification and good to know you got it all sorted out. Enjoy that iPad ... and keyboard. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts