What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard issue

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a problem with typing on iPad 3 keyboard. Sometimes I'll type on keyboard and either the wrong key will show up or you would hear the click sound and nothing shows up. Sometimes you'll press a key and the return key will show up when you didn't press it. I'm jailbroken but this was happening before too.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you could have a hardware issue with the touch screen components. It's certainly not normal or commonplace to have this kind of behaviour. If you restore your device (removing the jailbreak) and take it into an Apple store to explain the problem they will likely replace it for a new one for you.

Just make sure you don't mention the jailbreak.

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like you could have a hardware issue with the touch screen components. It's certainly not normal or commonplace to have this kind of behaviour. If you restore your device (removing the jailbreak) and take it into an Apple store to explain the problem they will likely replace it for a new one for you.

Just make sure you don't mention the jailbreak.

I dont think that is the issue as my other iPad does same thing and is not jailbroken

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears if I type slow it is ok. Wife tried to type and she was ok. She types slower than me.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think that is the issue as my other iPad does same thing and is not jailbroken

Well, I certainly have never come across it and I consider myself a reasonably fast touch typist, but is seems a few folks have...
One thing you must take care of with capacitive screens is that you are not bringing any other part of your hand, particularly the wrist, into contact anywhere as you type. Capacitive screens can be extremely sensitive and barely need contact, but folks that type fast are used to having contact with keys most of the time.
Hope you find a solution ;)

BMWrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Well, I certainly have never come across it and I consider myself a reasonably fast touch typist, but is seems a few folks have...
One thing you must take care of with capacitive screens is that you are not bringing any other part of your hand, particularly the wrist, into contact anywhere as you type. Capacitive screens can be extremely sensitive and barely need contact, but folks that type fast are used to having contact with keys most of the time.
Hope you find a solution ;)

If you do a lot of typing, you should consider getting a small Bluetooth keyboard.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do a lot of typing, you should consider getting a small Bluetooth keyboard.

Thank you. I own 2 already :)
What I was saying is that I have never had a problem using the virtual keyboard, which I tend to have to do during most meetings at work...

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured out it was swipe selection tweek causing my issues. Removed and all is good

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions